Chapter Thirty Four

HANNA had always been an observant person, whether it was a fleeting moment of time or a rarely acquainted stranger, her eyes have always been sharp and keen. 

Everything in the so-called Paradise Academy was slowly falling apart, starting from Law Enforcement officers, private bodyguards, large enterprises, the media, and even the public have been dead-set looking for Yoshida Toshiro and Nakashima Arima, the two missing 'kidnapped' elite young adults.

24 hours had passed by, yet every second felt like a losing game against finding the two. The Chairman of the Yoshida family and the President of the Nakashima enterprise, the two largest dominating companies in the industry had been rigorously looking for their missing sons.

However, the case wasn't a lost cause, as a mysterious threat was found in the school's review section: <We have what you're looking for. It won't be too late.>

This immediately alarmed everyone. It was no doubt, referring to the kidnapping case. But who could have done such a thing? Who could have dared to try to subdue the most powerful people of Japan?

The person who found the threat was now being thoroughly probed;

There she sat, stared at by a thousand eye-piercing bodyguards under the watch of the most powerful man in Japan, Chairman Yoshida, who looked at her as if he was squishing an ant. Although she was 'supposedly' worried, she wasn't surprised.

Next to her sat a nonchalant and calm, Igarashi Keith, the real person who found the threat and reported the school.

"Where did you find this?" The Chairman interrogated them both. He suspiciously eyed Igarashi, who sat there somewhat relaxed, with his hands folded and calmly leaned back saying,

 "I saw an anonymous text in a school forum, which failed to catch a lot of attention from anyone, but it did stand out from the rest."

"The school forum, you say?" The Chairman scrunched his brows. "Who could have done this?"

"We have no idea, sir," Hanna replied back. "But we found this piece of evidence."

The Chairman spared a glance at her and said, "Who can access your school forum?"

"Well, most of the participants are students of this school, and some of them are staff and such," Hanna replied. "But we noticed there are ways to let in a random stranger into the forum."

"Is that so?" The Chairman asked looking at them both, "How?"

"By sending out an invitation, from the forum's moderator." Igarashi replied, "The moderator of the forum is the only one in charge of deciding who can be in the forum and who cannot."

The Chairman bit his lips saying, "Can you dig up information somehow?"

Both of the students look at the Chairman blankly. Dig up information? What were they? Computer Specialists, elite hackers? Or professional government agents?!

No, they were goddamn students, of a second-year high school class.

Go ask your own elite computer hackers, Mr. Chairman! 

"Sir, I'll do it on one condition," Hanna said, raising her eyebrows.

"Is that so? What is the condition?" The Chairman asked, in an amusing manner. It has been the first time someone talked to him with this much confidence.

Hanna showed the Chairman her hand and said, "The job has to be paid. I cannot work free of charge."

Everyone in the room choked on their breathing.