Chapter Thirty-Eight

JULIA DIDN'T UNDERSTAND. She was supposed to be in a Romance novel, supposedly a teacher. A teacher who was supposed to wing all the ships in her classroom... that kind of teacher. A Romance in Highschool should be celebrated after all.

But why is it that– she was now part of a Crime Thriller novel instead?

Usually, that meant there was a murder.

Julia shuddered at the very thought of it. An image of a dead body and ripped-out faces surfaced in her mind. There is no way there was murder in a Highschool Romance novel, right? Usually, there were romantic, wholesome, dramatic scenes, but not those types of things right..?

'Hahaha.... of course, things had to get worse..!' 

"Sensei? Are you good? You don't look so well," Yoshihisa Hanna asked, sparing a glance towards Julia, who was pale and anemic.

Julia chuckled nervously in response and said, "What do you mean, Yoshihisa-san?"

"You know... now that we are looking into a kidnapping case... it might be a bit," Hanna continued, biting her lips as she said, "...of blood involved. Especially the mafia too along with other criminals in the Underworld,"

Julia nodded and said, "That's true."

"Who knows... maybe this is all a lead to take down the... Yoshida Cologermate group? Or a crazy assassination, drugs, or some human trafficking to sell things down the...Black Market?" Hanna continued. "Someone told me they found a wealthy business's brain being sold in a shady dark website in an auction. Who knows..."

"Yoshihisa-san, just don't," Julia warned Hanna in a bitter tone, reminding her to get serious. "We must keep a serious facade and think in a calm manner."

"...Apologies Sensei, I was only stating my thoughts." Yoshihisa apologized.

'Hanna stop. This is a romance novel. Not a Crime thriller.' 

Julia gritted her teeth at the thought of this. What if it really was that way? What if Yoshida Toshiro and Nakashima Arima were being sold in the Black Market right now as they speak?

What if nobody saw those two boys ever again? What will happen to their bodies? What will happen to the story? Will the world cease to exist without the male leads? 

Okano Julia started feeling chilly. Why did it feel like the temperature around them got cold? 

"Sensei, are you okay?" Igarashi Keith asked, "you look seriously pale? Are you anemic? Are you suffering from a shock?" 

"I-I'm good, Igarashi-san." Julia said, "I just have a very bad stomach, and I think I've been having one for a very long time." 

"Sensei! This is very bad!" Yoshihisa Hanna said loudly. "Did this happen because of us? How long has this been happening? Was there any changes in your bowel movement or such?" 

"Calm down, Yoshihisa-san. Nothing much, I've just been stressed and that probably caused nausea," Julia patted her stomach as she rubbed on it. Now that she thought about it, she did have many frequent stomach aches and such. 

"...S-sensei... did you also have a loss of appetite for a couple of days?" Hanna asked. "Perhaps even a burning pain in your stomach," 

"...I'm not sure, but it's not a big deal," Julia said again. 'Why are you asking me all of this?' 

"Sensei... are you perhaps constipated?" Yoshihisa Hanna asked. 

'Wait what?!' Julia coughed out loud and almost choked on her breath. "Excuse me?"