sounds good

A strong gush of wind hit your face as you hear Dabi's words. You gestured the group to continue walking to their next destination as you still stood there, the phone up against your ear.

It was a foreign feeling, getting told you're not going anywhere. Dabi was never the type to straight up say no, because he didn't care. But you felt that this time was different, that he wasn't the same person as back then.

"What?"

"You're not going to any party, we're staying in"

You were angry, confused, and frustrated. Just the other day Dabi mentioned how he wanted to experience college social life, but now he's not even letting you go? "Wha-Dabi, what are you talking about, c'mon we're going, I'm going to pick up some clothes and head on over there" You suggested but just received a heavy sigh from Dabi.

And before he could answer, you hang up.

Your feet dashed through your dorm, picked up the first two piece that you came face-to-face with, and exited again. He's just sleepy, you tell yourself. He wants to go, he said so himself.. So why am I getting this gut feeling that something's wrong?

More overwhelming thoughts conquer your head as you waited patiently in the uber. The driver tried to make small talk but you were so caught up on Dabi that you only responded short and quick phrases.

Once you do arrive, you walk inside the lobby and into the elevator, the ball of clothes gathered in the palm of your hand. You marched across the rooms until you see his number and take our the room key. Once you swipe it, you walk in and see Dabi on his phone, resting on the bed with a cigarette in the other hand.

"Wanna tell me why you don't wanna go out? Just yesterday you were-"

"I don't give a shit (Y/n), I'm not in the mood to go out and I don't want you out and about either"

You scoff in disbelief, he sounded like a completely different person. It made no sense. "So just because you don't wanna go out means I have to stay in? I'm a grown woman, I'm in college and I could use a party" You argue, the line between aggressive and polite blurring out. "Fine then, if you go then I'll catch the next fucking flight out of here" He threatens you, with the pettiest tone on the tip of his tongue.

"Excuse me?"

You watched and he sat up on the bed and finally looked at you in the eyes. "What's wrong with you? Did something happen?" You ask again and approached him, a part of you afraid of his new attitude. "No, what's wrong with you? I get here and you wanna party? You party all the damn time, I don't even know who you're with and instead of staying in you choose to go out?" He answers, his eyes almost glowing.

It doesn't make any sense. It was like something switched in him and you couldn't figure him out at all, not even if you tried. "Weren't you the one saying that you wanted to go out? Dabi what the fuck is wrong with you?" You stated in a frantic state. Dabi, on the other hand was still stone faced, his eyes half-lidded.

"Yeah, and I changed my mind"

"I'm not going this, I'm going whether you like it or not"

"Step out the door and we're over"

Is he.. manipulating me? Is this manipulation? It reminded you of when Keigo did the same thing, this time it was with the boy you were initially running away with. It was a sick game.

"So what? Now you're not letting me go out? What about when you leave?"

"Do whatever you want"

"Are you hearing yourself? One second you're telling I can't go out and now you don't care?"

Dabi rolls his eyes and steps out of the balcony to discard the cigarette. There was a horrible silence and tension during this brief pause. You wanted to slap him, yell at him, but what good would that do?

He took a deep breath, a long one at that. He walked to you and held your shoulders. "I just want to spend time with you, and only you, is that so hard to ask?" He asks, his voice changing. "You didn't have to act the way you did, just say you don't wanna go anywhere and that's it" These are the words that slipped from your mouth. It was the best you could do after such a heated conversation.

"Yeah, my bad, listen let's go out to eat, how does that sound?"

You wanted to say no, you initially wanted to go out to a party, but now it was a dinner with your boyfriend. Not that you didn't like the idea, but it just felt so wrong to say yes after he threatened you the way he did. It felt almost... toxic.

But you loved him.

"Sounds good, I'll go get dressed" You respond, your body language showing signs of defeat and tiredness. Walking away from his grip, you went into the shower with your clothes and got ready for the night. Your boyfriend did the same.

The two of you stepped out of the building, it was so incredibly quiet between you two and you absolutely hated it. As much as you wanted to start up a new conversation, you couldn't, you were still upset at him.

You felt his hand slide across your back and to the lower area, catching your attention. Your eyes shifted to his, meeting his gaze immediately. "You're mad" He states, yeah no shit. "I'm not, call a cab" You responded once the two of you stopped in the middle of the lobby. "Bullshit" He calls out and you just shrugged.

"Can you blame me? You threw a bitch fit a half hour ago and now you're taking me out to eat"

"I thought we moved past this"

"Just because you're taking me to dinner doesn't make the problem go away"

"For the last time-"

Dabi's phone rings and cuts the conversation short. Don't pick it up, please don't pick it up. As expected, he answers the calls and walks away. Now you're left alone in the lobby, in your cute set of clothes and face of makeup. You take this time to text your friends and tell them that you wouldn't be seeing them tonight.

After a brief ten minutes, he stomps back to your spot, a blank expression on his face. "Who was it?" You asked casually, waiting for him to grab your hand but he didn't, you assumed it was a call he didn't want to pick up.

"My dad called, he wants me home now"