back in town

3 days, it took you 3 days to leave the house. To be honest, it was your dad who pushed you to leave the house to have some lunch. But you didn't wanna leave because you locked yourself in your room to register for classes next semester. Nonetheless, it was a nice lunch and you were grateful for it.

"I think I'll go shopping, I'll be home later"

"Okay, I have to go to the office now so"

You nodded and got up from the table, ready to leave the restaurant."(Y/n), if you are going anywhere after the mall, let me know please" He says and you assume that phrase has double meaning. "I'll call you if I change plans, thank you for the lunch" You thanked him with a smile and walked out. The two of you split ways and you get into you car.

The car ride is silent, you're not in the mood to listen to music. You're really not in the mood for anything, it's as if your body was physically incapable of being excited anymore. You weren't even sure if you wanted to go to the mall. But you go regardless.

Once you arrive, you begin walking and quickly bump into a girl. You look at her blonde locks and immediately recognize her.

"(Y/n)? Oh my god I haven't seen you in forever!" Toga says and your lips tug into a smile. "Hi" You greeted back and received a hug from her. "You're looking well, come on let's go shop together" Your friend interlocks her arms with yours and starts walking.

"Thank you~"

"It's been kinda lonely without you here, but I'm sure you already know that"

You question her phrase for a moment, then you shrug it off. "Lonely? I don't know about that" You answer back and Toga laughs. "Yeah, Dabi didn't wanna tell us at first but eventually he just blew up because we wouldn't stop asking about you" She replies back and you look back at her.

"So you know?"

"I do, yeah"

"Aren't you on Dabi's side?"

"What's your side?"

You didn't think you'd even touch on the subject again, especially with one of Dabi's friends, but it was Toga. "He got upset, I don't know what triggered it, but he beat up my friend and started accusing me of cheating and being a 'whore', I don't know where it came from but he broke up with me then and there" You summarized and Toga hummed.

"He told us the same thing, except he didn't say why he did it either"

"Did he tell you about his dad and the-"

"Transfer program? That too"

There was a long pause between the both of you. When you finally enter a store with her, Toga says "He's been his old self ever since". "How so" You try not to ask many questions, but how could you not? "He's back to sleeping with the girls at the wave, smoking like his lungs aren't about to disintegrate, you already know".

"Oh, I see"

"You should talk to him"

"I won't do that"

"Why not?"

"It's too late, the damage has been done"

Toga frowns and watches you check out a shirt. "(Y/n) I know you're a good person and would never wanna hurt him, I'm sure if the both of you sit down and talk this out it'll be fine" Toga proposes and you shake your head. "I already said I can't do that" You repeat.

"I can set it up, it'll work out"

You ignored her and that's when she realizes it would be better if she changed the topic.

A now bored Dabi clicks through his computer, sorting some documents as his father presents a powerpoint to other executives. He pulls on the collar of his suit, finding it itchy and quite hot even though the conference room was known to be cold.

He manages to enter his phone to check his socials, and his eyes widen at Toga's post with you. You. You looked different, maybe it was the tiredness in your eyes or your weak smile , but he couldn't put his finger on it.

You were back in town.

He didn't know what to feel. He didn't feel excited, but he did feel nervous.. maybe even anxious. The feeling of knowing you weren't just miles away anymore felt weird, almost felt like everything he told you was in vain.

At least I don't live next to her anymore, he thought. This idea brought him more comfort and hence was he relaxed. "Touya, eyes up here" Enji speaks to him and he looks up handing him a contract.

You were back in town. And you were back on his mind.

"I'll see you later (Y/N), it was fun shopping with you" Toga chirped as you walked back to your car. "Yeah, I missed hanging out with you" You said back appreciated her bright smile. "Maybeee you could pass by the wave tomorrow?" She proposes and you immediately say no, "No, I would only ruin the night".

"Don't say that! Come for me, not him, come onnn"

"That wouldn't be a good idea"

"At least tell me you'll think about it? I promise Dabi won't be a problem"

Once again, you let your body shrug as a final answer and she sighs.

"Hell no, fuck no, are you insane Toga?" Dabi growls as he sits on the couch in the bar's lounge along with the rest of his friends. "Yeah didn't (Y/n) cheat on Dabi? home girl is banned from here" Shigaraki snarled and Dabi crossed his arms. "Are you fucking with me? I spoke to her this yesterday, you pulled all those things out of your ass" Toga fought back.

"You don't know what happened, so stay the fuck out of it"

"Don't fuck someone over just because you can't keep yourself together, Dabi"

"Yeah well since you like her so much why don't YOU date her?"

"You can be such a kid sometimes, I told her to come tonight whether you like it or not"

Dabi was about to get up and tell his friend off but his phone rings, "fuck me, I have to meet my dad for work, Toga don't pull any surprises". Dabi warns her one more time before leaving and the blonde grabs her phone.

Toga: See you tonight! Wear something cute.