demo for new story

"You are insufferable" You mumbled loud enough for your co worker to hear. "What was that? I couldn't care enough to hear" He whispered back to you with the same hostile tone. You looked back at him, laying down a box of new inventory you ordered. "You were supposed to bring in the other box, the one with the yellow tape" you specify as you roll your eyes and drive your attention back to the cash register. "Should've told me then" He snaps back with a tone that irritated you way more than it should've.

Who would've thought that you'd spent your college years stuck in a convenience store with none other than Touya. Touya Todoroki is the son of a family friend, who has made it his life purpose to annoy the fuck out of you, and in return you did the same. You don't really know when the rivalry based bond started, you just know that you're stuck in a really shitty situation at the moment.

You remain quiet, continuing to check if all of the money is in the register until someone walks in. "Good evening" You say in a monotone manner, your eyes still on the register. Touya takes a seat on the stool to your right side and takes out his phone. "You should be sweeping the floors, it's your turn today" You remind him in an effort to get him away from you. Knowing how stubborn he is, he ignores you and continues to swipe on his phone. "You think this girl is hot?" He asks you and shows you his screen, displaying a Tinder profile. With a sigh you glance at his phone and laugh, "Wayy out of your league" you respond. "Fuck you" He replies back.

"We matched"

"She must've swiped on accident"

Because you knew him so well, you were aware the comment pissed him off. He gets up from the stool and grabs the broom to clean. Eventually the customer who came in arrives to you with a handful of items and you charge him, as you've been doing for the entire day. "Have a goodnight sir" You tell the customer before he closes the door.

A long silence takes over the convenience store. It's now two in the morning, and your eyes are starting to feel heavy. The clock feels like it's broken because time has gone so slow. You're sick of the smell of dust and gasoline. Five more minutes takes place before you grow impatient and say "I think we should close, no one has come in for an hour". Touya, who is organizing cleaning supplies in one of the aisles turns around and looks at you, his white hairs noticeable a mile away. "Thank fuck" He answers back and you begin to quickly pack your things.

"You close, Imma head out first"

"That's not fair I closed yesterday-"

"Don't care, bye"

"Fuck you, wait for me outside"

"I think I'll pass"

The exhaustion stops you from blowing a fuse and you just shut off all the lights. After checking the fridge, walking by the aisles, and making sure there's nothing out of place, you grab your bag and walk outside. As you expected, Touya waited for you outside.

You look at him with a blank expression, he does the same. "Hurry the fuck up so I can go home" He says and you don't change your pace as you make your way towards him. You both rest against his car, a jeep cherokee coded in black. According to a routine the both of you created, you both pulled out a packet of cigarettes. Each with their own smoking item, you pull out your own lighter and hear him say "I left mine at home let me use yours". "Bummer, that'll be five dollars" You state and he rolls his eyes.

"i'm not paying you to use your lighter"

"Then fuck off"

"Fine, three dollars"

"Deal"

Touya shoves his hand in his jacket pocket and pulls out three scrunchy and loose dollars. You, in return, light his cigarette up as you take a puff from your own. Another long pause takes over as you and Touya blow smoke away from each other.

As weird as it was, Touya was your enemy and your best friend. It was a weird dynamic that not even a behavioral psychologist would understand. Through insults and cruel gestures, you understood one another. Even though you hated each other, you understood each other better than anyone can imagine. It was a toxic and confusing relationship that not even your friends could comprehend. 

Crossing your arms, you ash out the cigarette and glance over at the male, he does the same. "Have you-" He comments but you stop him to say "Shut up". "What the fuck?" He asks and you look away.

"Just shut the fuck up, let me enjoy this peace and silence"

"Jesus christ"

Another long pause begins to place. As mean as you were to each other, it was a mutual understanding. Anyone would be fed up of working overtime in the same spot for weeks on end. Anyone would be fed up of seeing their best friend who's also their least favorite person in the entire world every day.

Touya takes a deep breathe before smoking half of his cigarette. "Have you given any thought to what we talked about" He finishes the sentence he began prior to you shutting him out. You stare at his hand that's holding the nicotine stick and then at him. "We'd kill each other, you know that" You reply back to him and take another drag.

"It'd be better than the shit situation you're in"

"Stop acting like you give a fuck about the 'shit situation' I'm in"

"Fine, it's a waste of time anyway"

The male begins to cough, the buzz rushing to his head and you're a little amused at the scene. Without saying a word, he passes his unfinished cigarette to you and you hold it as he opens the door of his car to grab a bottle of water. He takes a sip, offers you some of the water in which you decline, and places it back inside followed by the door being shut again. He lies back to his position prior, and takes the cigarette that was on your hand waiting for him to take it back.

"I'm not gonna move into your place" You finally give him an answer to his question that stirred up a small argument. "So you think living in a motel is a better option" He asks you between puffs and make eye contact with him once again. "I think living with you is a worse option, it's what I can afford anyways" You shrug it off calmly and he scoffs, breaking eye contact with you. "Whatever, the option is always there" He reminds you, a hint of softness in his voice but still stubborn. You don't respond, and it's clear he's uneasy with the silence. "I'm going home then, do I give you a ride?" He asks you, throwing the cigarette into the floor and stepping on it.

"I'll take the bus, maybe tomorrow"

"Okay goodnight"

You nod in return and start walking to the bus stop. He hear him from a distance turn on his car and drive down the road and off to his home. Following a loud sigh, you throw out your first cigarette only to pull out another one and light it up as you wait for the bus to pull up and take you to your temporary home. 

(hii ive been thinking abt this idea for a while, please let me know ur thoughts! lmk if ud like to see more of this so i can make it into a new story :))