options

"Touya can you focus for once at work?"

A sleep-deprived Dabi snaps back in reality and sees his father shouting at him in his office. It had been a few days since he left because of Enji, and it seemed like he was stuck in some loop like he couldn't stop thinking about the next time he would see you.

"Yeah, I'm here" He groaned, completely uninterested until his father slams his large hand on the desk. "Doesn't seem like it!" He yells once more and Dabi mentally rolls his eyes.

"I already said it won't happen again"

"You sure love using that excuse"

"Whatever"

"Listen, I have an offer"

Dabi turns his head to his dad, with a bit more interest than before. "Offer?" He says and Enji nods. "I'll give you a new position, a real job, no dumb wages, no bullshit, you'll be my right arm, my partner," Dabi asks him to repeat because he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Surely there was a catch.

"If I do what.." Dabi asks the man and watches him sit back in his big chair.

"If you dump that girlfriend of yours, it's clearly a distraction and I need 110% of you right now, Touya"

Had he gone insane? Was this his way and separating you two? What kind of mind games was he playing?

Was he really that important to his father?

"No way, why would I break up with her? Can't I have both things? I'm not some dumb kid"

"You can't have both things, look at you right now, you never sleep, when she comes to visit I never get a hold of you, just last week you escaped to see her, I can't have that anymore"

"I'm an adult, I can handle it"

"You need to choose"

"I'll think about it"

And with that, he grabbed his bag and headed to his own workspace, where he then gets a call from the devil herself, you.

He knows he's not supposed to answer during work hours. He also knows it's nighttime where you are. Dabi looks to his sides before picking up the face time. He sees you lying on your bed and says, "I'm at work".

"I know~"

"So you know you can't call while i'm at work"

"Mhm.."

"Do you have something to tell me?"

"I do actually"

Dabi was now, at least a little, intrigued. He leans closer to the phone, his voice still low. "I'm listening, princess," He says and waits for you to speak. "So.. about that program application... There's an early confirmation deadline for it so like.. do we have the green light?" You ask him, and Dabi quickly groans. He had completely forgotten about that.

Now he had a couple of things to think about

He could take his father's propositions, which meant he could have the father-son relationship he never got and could potentially treat all the aching trauma in him. BUT that meant giving up (Y/N), and well, that wasn't business... at all.Applying for college.. right. It meant defying his father, maybe pleasing his mother.. but mostly causing an all-out war with his father and that was the last thing he needed. However, it was a chance to be with (Y/N), and well, that was definitely business. Oh, and how could he forget the upcoming vacation trip for Fuyumi's birthday? He could put off the choice and get on his dad's good side so he can lessen the extremities of his conditions— but let's be real, Enji wasn't gonna wait that long for his son to choose. And of course, he wasn't going on that vacation if it isn't with you.

He had to think this through.

"Touya? You're spacin' out on me again"

"Sorry.. uhm how long do I have?"

"The end of next week"

Dabi remains in his chair, fidgeting around his options, which he had plenty. "Ohh and where's my surprise we talk about in the airport?" You ask again and stay still as you watched your boyfriend through the screen. "Ah well...Um.. I don't know, (Y/n)" is all he says, his energy completely off.

"You're making that face, what's wrong?"

"What face? You're tripping"

"i know when something's on your mind, you can tell me"

"Jesus fuck (y/n) I'm at work, you can't just call me and tell me I have till next week to decide what I wanna do for the next four fucking years" He suddenly bursts, and you jump at his words. He was fine just a second ago, what's gotten into him? Did you say something out of line? You just wanted to be playful, he didn't have to be so rude, especially out of the blue.

"I...Um.. I gotta go.. Haru's calling me... text me alright?" You say in between pauses. You weren't lying though, he really was calling you, but you weren't planning on picking up because you were talking to Dabi. Since your own boyfriend was being a bitch, you just wanted to let it be.

You really were tired of fighting, so you didn't feel the need to fight back.

"Haru? Wait-" You hang up on him, and he immediately regrets his last words to you. You can't be nice to her for more than 10 minutes? You jerk, she was just trying to give you a reminder. Now she's talking to one of her guy friends.

One of her guy friends.

You had backups, at least that's how Dabi's twisted mind would see it sometimes. He wouldn't admit it, but Keigo's words were getting to him. It was spreading through his body like a disease.

Who's to say she won't do it again?

Haru's just a friend, a friend who proposed the tremendous idea about a 'fuck a month'... yeah I could definitely trust him with my girlfriend. There's Shindo, who literally cockblocked you two and went as far as to go to your dorm... Can't trust him with my girlfriend either. That blonde guy, Monoma, who's self-explanatory because he's always with you.

Let's face it, you were cornered.

At least he could count on the fact that you wouldn't talk with Keigo anymore. But then again, that wouldn't guarantee if you found him at parties or at your local coffee shops.

And frankly, that idea terrified Dabi.

Instead of showing his fears, Dabi simply took it out in the rudest form. Surely there's something he could do to show you that you were his and completely his. He knew he had to make up for that shit fest he caused the last time he visited you.

Time was ticking.