Ch.6

Riley stood in the bedroom. She was being dragged out by Aimee who wanted to forget about Max.

Simon walked in and smirked. "You look so good. Fancy staying here?" He asked.

"Babe. I'm not letting Aimee go on her own. Who knows what she'll get up to. She's missing Max."

Simon smirked and nodded. He kissed her. "Well don't be gone too long. Because I'll miss you," he said.

"You big sop. You find out next week if you got the job or not. What do you think?" Riley asked

"I think I've got the job. I've done more than enough to show I'm worth it," Simon said.

Riley grinned. "Well I hope this hasn't all been for nothing."

Simon kissed her. "I don't think it will be."

"Good."

***
Riley went to the club. She found Aimee there already. She was drunk. "How long have you been here?" Riley asked.

"Long enough to get drunk. But I'm not that drunk."

Riley rolled her eyes. "This isn't the way to do this. To get over him, you have to show him that you're coping."

Aimee shrugged. "But I'm not. I miss so damn much and he doesn't get that. He doesn't get that I love him so much. But he chose work and treating me like crap. And I have to live with that."

Riley felt bad for what her best friend was going through. She didn't know how to help her. She smiled. "Let's have a few drinks and then we'll get some food or something. See if we can't sober you up," she told her.

Aimee shook her head. "No. I want to get drunk. And then I want to find a man who can treat me better than Max Tyler ever did."

Riley sighed and nodded. She took out her phone and text Simon. She knew deep down she would rather have been with him.

***
Simon went to meet with Max. They were talking about the interview next week. Simon smiled as he saw Max in the pub. "Hey. So next week is the final stage. Do you think you're ready?" He asked.

Simon nodded. "Definitely. I mean I know I've got what it takes. And I'm clearly a better option than Christine. We both know she's a drunk," said.

Max smirked and nodded. "Yes. From what I've seen and been told, my ex girlfriend is the same. She won't be at the school much longer."

Simon frowned. "You can't blame her. You broke her heart. And she's never drunk at work. Not like Christine."

Max rolled his eyes. "We want the school to succeed. And getting rid of the bad teachers will do that."

***
Simon went back home. He saw Riley sitting on the sofa with Aimee. "Is she okay?" He asked.

Riley shook her head. "She let slip that Max bullied her into an abortion. He said he would leave her if she didn't."

Simon sighed. He walked upstairs. He knew he wanted the job. And he agreed with Max that the school needed to be sorted. But he didn't want to say anything.

***
Riley climbed into bed and smiled. Simon was looking at her. He sighed. "How come you're the one who's always fixing everything?"

"What do you mean?" She asked.

Simon sighed. "I mean with Aimee. You're always the one trying to fix everything and it's not fair," he said.

Riley smiled. She straddled Simon. "Because I have something perfect don't I? So I want everyone else to have the perfect something," she told him.

Simon smirked. "Has Aimee gone?"

"Yeah. Her mum came to get her."

Simon took down Riley's thong and pushed into her. Their lips met in a heated and passionate kiss.

But with the interview next week, Riley had no idea just how much her relationship was going to go downhill.