Ch.8

Simon was finally going to be hearing about the interviews. And if he had been given the job. Riley was thankful as she knew he would stop stressing about it now.

When Riley woke that morning, she smiled as Simon walked into the bedroom. He was fully dressed. "Damn you're all dressed. I can't give you good luck sex now," she teased.

Simon smirked. "How about congratulations sex later instead?"

"I think I can wait till then. Are you excited to see if you've won?"

"I know I've won. I mean let's face it. Christine isn't up to much is she? She's an ex alcoholic with a pyromaniac of a son," Simon said.

Riley frowned. "Wow. I didn't think you'd ever say something like that. What happened to helping the kids?"

"Kids yes. But Connor Mulgrew? He's unhinged. He almost set the boys changing room on fire. He shouldn't be in the school," Simon told her.

Riley sighed and looked at him. "Babe. I don't want to fight you. I want us to be happy and not have petty little fights."

"Me either."

***
The two of them arrived at work. Simon kissed Riley and walked off. She sighed. She hated when they had silly little arguments. But she knew she wanted everything to work with Simon.

Riley smiled as she walked over to Aimee. She saw how awful she looked. "Wow. Are you okay?" She asked.

Aimee sighed. "I'm fine. I just don't feel too well today. I think my break up drinking has caught up with me," she mumbled.

Riley smiled slightly. "It's no good for you babe. I know you're hurting over him. But you need to realise that you could kill your self with all the drinking," she said.

"I know. But it numbs the pain. And I just want to forget. Forget him," Aimee said.

"Then find a way to move on and forget him."

"Like it's that simple."

"It is babes."

***
Riley was sitting in the staffroom. She smiled as she saw Simon walking in with Max. Simon walked over to her. "Hey. Max has told me that he's making the board see that I'm the better option for the school. Me and him have some plans," he said.

Riley smiled. "Well I'm glad that you've got his support. But did you ever think maybe he's wanting to get rid of all the bad kids?"

"I doubt it."

Riley shrugged and kissed him. "Whatever makes you happy. I've already said. I don't want to fight with you," she told him as she grabbed her coffee and walked off.

***
Riley and Aimee were standing outside. Riley sighed. "I feel like I'm going to end up with my own Max Tyler. And if that happens, I'm moving in with you."

Aimee smirked. "Max Tyler's are jerks. And that's all they'll ever be. What's happened anyway?" She asked.

Riley sighed. "Simon is under the impression that Max isn't going to try and remove the bad students from the school. He doesn't see it."

Aimee smiled. "Despite what I think about Max, I don't think he wants the pupils gone. He was one of them. And he turned out alright. With a firm hand," she told her.

Riley sighed and nodded. But was this job the beginning of the end of her relationship with Simon?