Ch.11

Riley and Simon walked into work. They had been away to Wales and they had enjoyed it. But since they had come back, their relationship had been getting tense again.

Simon kissed her and walked off. Riley looked up as Aimee walked over to her. "How's it going?" She asked as she looked at her.

Riley sighed. "We went away. And it was amazing. But... since we came back, it's been tense. And I just don't know what it is. Weather it's this place. Or just Greenock in general. And I can't help but think maybe our relationship would be better if we moved to Wales," she mumbled.

Aimee frowned. "I don't think it's that babes. I think it's Max. He's getting into Simon's head about the school. Just don't let him come between you."

"He already has Aims. And I'm sick of it. I'm sick of Simon and his moods."

***
Riley sat in the staffroom. She smiled as Nikki walked in. "Did you enjoy your weekend away?" She asked.

"It was okay I guess. I'm just... I don't know. My head feels messy. Simon and I, in Wales, it was literally like nothing was wrong between us. We got on so well. But the moment we're back here, he changes. I don't get it mum."

Nikki smiled and took her hand. "It's going to be okay. You just have to talk to him and hope that you can both work it out," she told her.

Riley shrugged and sighed. "I don't know. It's just messing with my head."

Nikki pulled her daughter into an hug. She smiled. "It will all work out. I promise you love."

***
Riley walked through the school. She saw Simon and Max. Simon smiled. "Hey. How you doing?" He asked as he kissed her cheek.

"I'm okay. Just thinking about things. Max."

"Riley. Simon, come and see me in the office. I think we're due a catch up," Max said as he walked off.

Riley scoffed. She watched as he walked off. She hated how he had come between her and Simon.

Simon looked to her. "I love you. You know that right?"

"I know. I love you too."

***
Riley and Aimee were sitting in Aimee's classroom. Riley smiled. "So how's being pregnant?" She asked.

"Horrid. I hate the sickness. I hate that I cannot have coffee. I hate everything about it," Aimee mumbled. She sighed. "Sorry. I'm just being bitter. I made myself a bacon sandwich this morning. I couldn't even eat it."

Riley smiled. "It will be worth it when the baby is here. Speaking of which, do you want a boy or a girl?"

Aimee shrugged. "Id like a girl. But as long as they're healthy, I don't mind," she said.

Riley grinned and looked at her. "I can't wait to be auntie Riley."

"Yeah. Well I'll be relying on you to babysit for me."

"Happily."

***
Riley and Simon went back home. Simon smiled as he looked to Riley. "Max has offered me a promotion. Assistant head."

Riley's eyes widened. She looked to him. "That's amazing. It really is."

Simon smiled and kissed her. He held her close. From now on, things are going to get better between us. I promise."

Riley smiled and nodded. But she had no idea how this job was about to come between them both.