Ch.3

Riley was sitting in bed. She looked up as Simon walked in. He was fully dressed. Riley looked at him. "What are you doing?"

"I have an early morning meeting with Max and Christine. Not looking forward to it," Simon said as he kissed her.

Riley just nodded. She hated how she and Simon were still keeping their relationship secret. And no one but Nikki and Aimee knew.

Simon sighed. "When I have the heads job, then I'll make it up to you. I promise."

"Yeah I know babe."

***
Riley arrived at work. She walked over to Aimee. "My boyfriend is annoying me," she said as she looked at her.

"Why?"

Riley sighed. "He's constantly going on about this head's job. And I can't handle it. I want to tell people about us. But he thinks it'll distract from what he wants," she told her.

Aimee smiled. She sighed. "Look. It'll be okay. He just wants to make a life for you both. I think you're worrying babes," she said.

"I don't know. We haven't had sex in ages. And I don't think that'll change till he either gets this job. Or he doesn't get the job," Riley said.

Aimee nodded and sighed. She took her hand. "Everything will be okay. I promise," she told her.

Riley shrugged. "I don't know."

***
Riley walked into Simon's office. He was sitting on the desk. "So you fancy doing something after work? We could go for dinner and then have an early night in?" She asked.

"I have to prepare for these interviews. I think Max is rooting for me to win. He has some of the same ideas as me. So I think we could make everything work."

Riley just nodded. She sighed. "I just want to do something with us. Please," she said.

Simon looked at her. "Babe. I promise. When I've gotten the job, I can treat you. We can have nights out. I can buy you everything you want."

Riley rolled her eyes. "I don't want you to buy me stuff. I'm happy with you. If we lived in a hotel and had nothing, I'd still be happy. This job, it's going to take you away from me," she told him.

***
Riley was feeling torn. She wanted to be with Simon. But she was worried that him going for the heads job would ruin their relationship.

Riley saw Nikki walking in and smiled. "Hey mum."

"Hey love. You okay?"

Riley nodded. "Yeah. I'm just worried that me and Simon won't last long if he gets this heads job. And I don't want to lose him. I'm scared for us," she said as she looked at her.

Nikki sighed and nodded. "You just have to trust that you and Simon will work out. I know you love each other. It'll be okay."

"I don't know mum. My head feels like there's too much pressure building up and I'm scared that I'm going to lose him. I don't want that."

***
Riley was sitting in Aimee's flat with her. She smiled as Aimee handed her a glass of wine. She sat down. "Max and I keep arguing and it's honestly sending me insane."

"It'll be okay."

"I don't know. We just keep bickering and I'm done with it."

Riley smiled. "Apparently him and Simon have some ideas to run the school together. It sucks. I'm going to lose him to the job."

"Don't let Max take him from you. He's a jerk."

Riley smiled. But she didn't know how to keep her relationship with Simon from breaking down.