Ch.9

Simon had been told that there was a delay on the job seeing as Christine had wanted to appeal against the apparent slanderous report Max had given.

Things with Simon and Riley had gotten more and more tense. And she didn't know why. She just felt like everything was going wrong with them.

Riley was sitting in bed with Simon walked in. He sighed. "I've got an early morning meeting. Will you be okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'll get Aimee to come and pick me up. See you."

Simon sighed. "Don't be like this. Please this is important. And you know it is," he said.

"Whatever Simon. Just go."

***
Aimee arrived to pick up Riley. Riley sighed. "I hate men. They're just complicated morons," she said as she looked at her.

Aimee laughed. "Im guessing this has something to do with Simon?"

"Yes. He is a jerk. And I hate him. He's just... gah. He makes me mad. He doesn't care that this interview is ruining things with us. And I'm not going to stick around and wait for him to realise he's just ruining us."

Aimee smiled. "Just don't let him babes. You just have to somehow convince yourself that your relationship is worth it. Max didn't think we were worth it."

"Is there no hope for you?"

Aimee shrugged. "I don't know. There probably isn't. But I don't want to give up. I still love him. Despite how he's treated me," she said.

***
The two of them arrived at work. Riley smiled. "Thanks for the lift. And remember. No man is worth it," she said.

"You tell them sister."

Riley grinned and walked off inside. She saw Simon standing with Max. She walked over. "I got here. Thanks for worrying."

Simon rolled his eyes. "You already told me Aimee was going to bring you in. So I don't see why you're starting."

"I'm not bloody starting. I'm just saying."

Simon sighed. "Riley. Please. Let's just talk about all of this later. I've got stuff to do. Christine has gone awol," he said as he walked off with Max.

Riley scoffed. She looked at the back of him. She rolled her eyes. "Jerk," she mumbled.

***
Riley was sitting in the staffroom. She looked up as Aimee walked in with Max behind her. "Aimee?"

"Has she not told you? She's pregnant and she's been drinking."

Riley frowned. "Aimee? Is that true?"

"No! He's lying. He wants the baby from me doesn't he? And so he's going to use the fact I had a drink problem against me," Aimee said.

Riley rolled her eyes. "You and Simon are just as bad as each other! Seriously Max. Back off and take your mini me with you," she spat.

***
Riley went back to the flat. Simon was there. "Why do you have to fight me? I'm trying to make this work for me and you. You know? I know we haven't always had it easy. But I figured I had you by my side for this."

Riley rolled her eyes. "You're turning into Max Tyler! And you don't even see it. He's a jerk and you're turning into that. And it's making me not want to be with you," Riley said.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that you either need to start putting effort into us, or we're done," she said as she walked into the bedroom.

Simon frowned. But was she serious about it?