7-Come to Me

Uncle Bobby and Aunt Liza

Ever since Harmony's father vanished from her life Bobby made sure to be available for her whenever Gwen called on him. He witnessed every heartbreak, car wreck his sister experienced and didn't understand why things went sideways for her every time.

When their parents passed away, Gwen and Bobby grew apart until Chastity's father blew town sixteen years ago. They patched their sibling relationship and Bobby moved back to the small town for good.

Bobby's wife, Liza is Harmony's Godmother and hosts her birthday party every year to give Gwen a break. The two also play surrogate grandparents, spoiling all three kids.

They understand, that in the event of Gwen losing her battle with cancer, they will become legal guardians to the three children. They will also need to deal with the kid's fathers. Not an easy task but one they need to face to keep all three children together.

Harmony

"Thanks, uncle Bobby." Harmony looked up at the most reliable man in her life. "I love you!"

Bobby winked at his youngest niece. "Love you too, Princess!" He knelt at the side of her inflatable bed. "How are you? I mean anything you want to talk about?"

"Mom never said when she was coming home." Harmony pulled on his shirt collar. "That's bad, right?"

"Bad? No!" He shook his head in an attempt to convince Harmony. "It can't be that bad." Bobby spoke softly. "She looked good when she called tonight, didn't she?" He tried to reason with the ten-year-old.

"Ya, I guess." Harmony let go of her uncle's collar. "It's okay to go now. Just leave the door open 'bout this much." She held her index fingers a few inches apart.

Uncle Bobby smiled. "This much?" His fingers mirrored her tiny fingers.

"Uh-huh." Then she whispered. "Keeps the evil witches away."

"I thought it was the Grinch!" Bobby jokingly frowned.

"Noooooo! The Grinch is only at Christmas, silly!" Harmony corrected her ill-informed uncle.

"Got it! The Grinch at Christmas, evil witches the rest of the year."

"Exactly!" She reacted by blowing a strand of hair away from in front of her eyes. "Good night, uncle Bobby."

"Good night, princess Harmony!" Harmony giggled as Bobby slipped out of the bedroom, leaving the door open a few inches. "This good?"

"Yep!" Harmony nodded and closed her eyes.

She quickly fell asleep after a long day with her uncle Bobby trying to keep her mind off her mother. It wasn't long before this ten-year-old experienced something very different than her usual dreams of far-off magical places with princesses.

Harmony opened her eyes to a place filled with fog leaving her unable to see anything. Then a woman's voice called out from the ghostly fog. "Have you brought me sweets, today?"

"I did not know I had to." Harmony replied as she swatted the fog to see who was speaking to her.

"Then I can not tell you what you need to know." The voice defiantly sent her away. "Be gone!" The fog appeared in the shape of two open hands pushing Harmony away.

Harmony woke up, and looked at the light through the opened door. Chastity looked down from the single bed to her youngest sibling and spoke. "Did my phone wake you, Harm?"

She just shrugged and closed her eyes again and again she appeared shrouded in fog.

"You have returned young one." The voice called out.