38- The Way

Morning of the Wedding

Gwen 

On a late spring morning Gwen and the girls woke up early and headed to the salon where many of her friends were already waiting to help make her day as perfect as they could. They brought the mother to tears just by their presence. 

"I could not ask for better friends than all of you ladies!" Gwen spoke though the tears as the ladies took her purse and jacket from her.

Kaylee, her assistant, directed Gwen to her seat. "What do you think ladies?  Shall we go with the blond wig?" She looked around the shop.

"Kaylee, no weave." Gwen reached up and touched her assistant's hand and smiled. "Just as it is."

Her assistant placed both hands on Gwen's shoulders. "Okay but we get to do your makeup!"

The shop erupted in agreement with Kaylee's suggestion.

Gwen shrugged as she looked into the mirror at her daughters. "Chast - Harm, what do you think?"

Chastity and Harmony looked at each other and excitedly echoed each other. "Yes!" 

Gwen nodded at her assistant. "Let's do it Kaylee!" Again the shop bursted into a festive atmosphere. 

Chastity and Harmony sat in chairs in front of the mirror as well and had their long hair prepared as if they were princesses going to a ball. The morning flew by as the conversations seemed to cover every topic imaginable. 

Then the ladies needed to know more about Jeremy and at first Gwen resisted but eventually gave in to her friends. Her hands moved away from her head describing the feeling before
she smiled.

"He - we were right next door all these years and never knew each other." Gwen sighed. "We assumed many things about each other." She laughed. "They were all wrong!"

Chastity made her way next to Gwen and spoke as she looked into the mirror. "Just when we thought he was running, he was really trying to save mom. Right Harmony?"

Harmony nodded her head. "He even brought my grandpa home to me and Charlie gets to stay with us forever!" The young girl raised her hands as the ladies laughed and awed at the sight.

"Jeremy and Austin have a new hobby together searching the stars at night." Again the mother of three shook her head. "He saved my boy. He really did." Gwen looked into the mirror at all her friends. "He loves all of us. Not just me." With tears in her eyes and with her girls hugging her she added. "He gave me life and saved my family. He hates this, but I call him my knight in shining armor."

Jeremy 

Austin spent the night with Miguel, Pete and Jeremy. And as usual the men were not up early at all. In fact they had slept in. 

Jeremy had not had a vision of Miguel Junior since he asked Gwen to marry him that October morning. But Harmony's late father was about to make another appearance. 

"Hey Gringo." Miguel laughed joyously. "Gringoooo!"

Jeremy opened his eyes and witnessed a man aglow. "Miguel ~you ~ you look different."

"Si, yes Gringo, I am feeling much different. Amigo, my heart is bursting with pride. You have made Gwen and Harmony very happy and for that I am forever in your debt."

Miguel raised his arms and the cloak he wore glowed a golden hue. "I can rest now, Gringo. Muchas gracias. Oh, you may want to wake up now." Miguel softly laughed as he faded away. 

"Boss, Boss!" Pete shook his friend. 

"Jeremy!" Austin jumped on Jeremy's bed making sure he would wake. "You can't be late for this!"