Double Vision in Rose Blush

It's been days since the motel and I haven't really spoken to Scott or Stiles. Scott keeps on trying to tell me that he's not usually like that, but I still can't wipe the image of his distraught face from my mind. My mom said she talked to Scott about it and they've worked something out, but no one seems to be taking any of it seriously.

Tonight is the first night in a long time just me and my mom get to hang out. She's been working a lot of extra shifts lately to cover the bills, and when she is home, Scott and Isaac are here too. Don't get me wrong I love my brother, and I enjoy having Isaac around, but it's nice to have some girl time.

"What kind of pizza should I order?" She walks into the living room holding the phone.

"Uh, just get everything on it and then we can pick off what we don't like."

"I like your thinking." She laughs and walks back into the kitchen to order the pizza.

I'm looking through all of our movies trying to pick out one to watch. So far I have The Notebook, Legally Blonde, or Breaking Dawn part 1. I'm leaning towards the BD but it's up to Melissa.

"Yes," She walks up behind me with an all-knowing, motherly tone. "We can watch Twilight."

My mother knows me so well. "Thank you!" I call our weakly, and slightly embarrassed.

"Of course." She laughs "I bet Scott and Stiles refuse to watch this with you. Do you guys still have your movie nights?"

"I don't think we've watched a movie together in at least a year," I tell her the truth.

"Why not?" She sympathizes.

"I have no idea." I scrunch my nose. Truth be told, I have a few ideas. Most of said ideas revolve around me being the most annoying person ever.  "Maybe we grew apart. Or they grew out of me. If that makes any sense. I'm like an old T-shirt that is too small for them now. They've moved on to better clothing items. Like pretty, Lydia-colored blouses."

"Oh, I don't know about that." She brushes off my doubts with a simple laugh. "But I do know that they love you."

Against my will, my cheeks redden "Scott has to. He's my brother."

"Stiles loves you too." Why is she saying that? Maybe Stiles tolerates me. In a way, maybe he cares about me. But loves me? No, I don't think he does.

"Oh, no." I shake my head violently. I avoid eye contact because I know the second I do, my face will grow an expository flush.

"Wait." She almost gasps. Okay, she knows.  "Do you still like him? I remember you had the cutest crush on him in middle school!"

"Absolutely not!" I blurt, but my face tells a different story.

"Aw," She coos "I think that's sweet."

"It is not sweet, because I do not like him!" I groan.

"You don't have to be embarrassed."

"I don't know, Mom." I sigh "I feel like still liking him is holding me back."

"From?" She asks.

"Everything," I cry. She pats the seat next to her and I plop on the cushion, ready to pour all my emotions out. "He is completely debilitating."

"Expand."

"I can be having a perfectly normal day, then we make eye contact and that's all I can think about for the rest of the week." I complain "It's pathetic!"

"No, it's not." She assures me.

"And it's been this way for years!" I point out "I've been a completely idiotic person for years because of him!"