This Ain't a Fairytale

Ever since we found out The Nogitsune was possessing Stiles, everyone has been treating me like I'm fragile, on the verge of shattering. They don't trust me alone. They don't trust me to join them on supernatural adventures. Sometimes I feel like I'm being passed around and watched by whoever can spare a few minutes.

Right now I'm at Allison's house. While I'd say Allison has become one of my closest friends, I wouldn't call this friendly. The air is stiff, forced.
We're both tired and awkward, but there's a sense of understanding in that.

"Hey, Bella." Allison sits up from her bed. We haven't talked in a few hours. Her throat is thick as she breaks through the silence. "I think it's time for you to leave."

I eye her suspiciously. We do this a lot. Sit and study in silence for hours. She has never kicked me out so ominously. "Okay, Why?" I ask.

"Um,"

"Allison?"

She sighs, "I don't want to lie to you, but you can't argue with me."

"Why would I do that?"

"My dad, Derek, and the sheriff are on their way," she treads gently around the subject.

"How come?" Of course, I don't let this slide past me.

"Bella," She sighs.

I've been losing my patience for vague answers lately. I press further, "Why are they coming?"

"We're going to go look for Stiles," She cringes, knowing she can't hide the truth any longer, but not happy to reveal it.

"Perfect." I shoot up, even though I know it's not what she wanted. "I'll come with."

"No, you're going home."

"Why would I do that?" I know exactly why she wants me to leave, and I'm sick of it. I might not be good with a bow or have supernatural strength, but I still want to help. How am I supposed to just sit home and do nothing when I know he's in trouble?

"It's not safe."

"It's not safe for you either!" My voice raises three octaves. This has to be the most overused argument.

"I have a bow to defend myself with," she counters. "What are you gonna do if he gets you alone again?"

"That's a really fair point," I agree. "But I'll just stick with you!"

"I'm not willing to risk that, Bella. Do you remember when I told you we had each other?" Her stare is fierce, and I start to feel guilty for pushing. "I don't want to lose you."

"You won't. In fact," I take a deep breathe and internally cringe at the manipulation I'm about to commit, "I'll probably be less safe at home. Scott's gone. My mom's at work. I'd have no one."

She groans, "I told you not to argue with me."

"I know." I blush.

"Come one," She motions "Let's get you at least a knife or something."

"Oh exciting."

She turns back at me and glares "Not exciting."

"Okay," I can't help but grin a little. I'm going to be such a badass. I don't know what she wants me to do with it. It's not like I'm willing to stab Stiles. At least I'll look cool.

***

"This is everything non-lethal I could find." Allison walks the men into the room. She leads them to a table she's filled with weapons of defense.