I Gave So Many Signs

After a long day of school, I'm really excited to take a nap. I didn't get to sleep at all last night, so this is well deserved. Scott said that the demon ninjas only went after people with ties to the supernatural, but they went after me, so I don't know how accurate that is.

Stiles wasn't at school today, so I had no one to talk to about it. He'd probably figure it out fast, but Scott said he wasn't feeling well. This concerned me a little, but I have to stop being so clingy. It was just a pity kiss.

I have a little bit of time to sleep before my dad gets here. He said that he wants to talk more about my moving in with him, but that's not even an option right now. I didn't want to be to harsh, so I am letting him talk. I just won't listen.

I'm almost asleep when noise of panicked footsteps and hushed voices catches my attention. With a groan, I follow the commotion downstairs, just to see what's going on. To my relief, it's only Scott and Kira. Although, their scared faces are telling me that I shouldn't feel relieved at all.

"Bella!" Scott sighs, "Thank God. Do you know where the mountain ash is?"

I take a deep breathe and prepare for his disappointment "No."

"Why don't you know?" Scott's voice just high and whiny just like our dad's when he's frustrated. "What if something bad was happening?"

"Is there something bad happening?"

"Yes," Scott says at the same time Kira says "No."

"There might be," Scott admits.

"Care to explain?"

Scott ignores me and runs up the stairs, Kira and I are quick to follow him into his room. He locks his window and looks at me "You keep yours locked right?"

I didn't use to, but now I know how easy it is for people to get in my room, "Duh."

"We're gonna be okay," Scott mainly directs towards Kira, "I promise."

"We? or me?" She cringes.

"All of us."

"You didn't bring the twins here because you didn't want them to get hurt, right?" She asks.

Wait a minute. What am I doing here? Doesn't he care about me?

"I don't want anyone getting hurt." He assures.

"Then why did you bring me?" She asks "If those things are coming after you, and anyone who gets in the way gets killed, then shouldn't I be somewhere else?"

"I'm not letting you get hurt."

I tap my feet and wait for someone to think about me, whether that be with concern for my safety or a care to fill me in.

"And I don't want you getting hurt." Kira protests "Especially because of me."

"It could be either of us." He explains.

Kira shakes her head, nervous to share something, "I don't think so. I have to show you something."

I begin to piece together what's going on. The Oni are after someone, clearly, and even I notice the coincidental timing between their arrival and Kira's. 

Scott sends me a look, like he's preparing me for whatever Kira decides to show us. He knows. And again, he didn't think to, I don't know, warn me?

"Hold on. Why am I here?" I ask my brother, growing more annoyed with his decision making skills every second.

"I don't know. Why are you here?" Scott teases.

"Oh my God."

We look down at Kira's book.