Crazier for You Than I Was at 16

I turned 16 today. I thought it was supposed to be a pivotal moment in my teen years, but I feel the same as I did before. Maybe when I get my license things will turn around, but I am nowhere near ready for that.

All I want for my birthday is a small, simple night with Tessa, Ice cream, and a Twilight marathon all day long. The closing scene of Breaking Dawn Part 2 hurts. I had been postponing watching it because I wasn't ready for it to be over, but here we are.

"Well if I knew you were gonna cry, I would have picked out something different for your birthday." Tessa throws a handful of crumples tissues at me.

"No," I let out a watery laugh "It's perfect."

"Yeah, perfect." Isaac comments from behind me and I jump. I forgot he was here. When I turn to look at him, he is just about as torn up as I am.

"Oh, Isaac."

"I'm just glad Seth didn't die." He wipes his tears "That's all."

"Now you have to open your present," Tessa chimes.

"Okay, okay." I relent, ripping the wrapping paper off of the box that has been sitting next to me all day.

Inside the small box is a bracelet. It has a pretty, sage green gem as the center piece, but the surrounding is completely made of wire.

"Did you make this?" I gasp.

"Yes," She pulls something out of her pocket "I made a pink one for myself. Just a reminder that you'll always be my best friend."

"I love it." I give her a hug.

"I got something for you, too." Isaac jumps up.

I mean, he really didn't need to, but I'm not one to turn down free stuff. He runs in the kitchen for a few seconds and comes back out holding a brown paper sack.

"I didn't have anything to wrap it with." He explains.

"That's okay." I grab the sack from his hand and look inside. There are about ten tubes of water color paint in a great variety of colors.

"Scott said that you like to paint," He tells me, nervously. I used to like to paint when I was ten, but maybe this is a sign I should start again. It really does make my heart melt. I haven't gotten to know Isaac very well yet, but I think we're going to be good friends. Actually, I can see him being a sort of brother.

"I love them." I smile before giving him a quick hug. "Thank you so much!"

"Um," He looks pleased with himself. "No problem."

The three of us spend the rest of the night talking before I tell them that I'm tired and should probably get to bed. Tessa follows me into my room, probably just to say some parting words.

Once we get in my room she looks me dead in the eye "Okay, Bella?"

"Yes?" I ask, nervous by her sudden seriousness.

"I know nows not a good time, and we haven't talked about it in quite a few days," She admits "But I figured out what's up with Scott."

"Really?" I haven't said anything to her about or since the day of the canceled cross country meet. It just became too real, and I didn't want to mess anything up. That being said, If she knows what's wrong, then I want to know as well.

"I can't tell you yet." She blurts "I just know that you need proof, and I just need a few more days to get it."

"So, you don't know for sure." I accuse.

"I do, I just need to find a way to actually show you." She explains, and I get it. I wish I was as willing to believe certain things, but I can't. I do, however, trust Tessa. If she has proof, I can wait for it.