Through the Sleepless Night

I tried waiting up for Stiles. Tried is an exaggeration. To be honest, it's become very difficult for me to fall asleep when I'm not wrapped in his arms. However, not impossible, because I have school tomorrow and don't need to fall farther behind my classes. I'm worried about him. Ever since the other night at the hospital, he's been more fragile. He's still himself, but it doesn't feel like it would take much to change that fact.

I'm nearly asleep when I hear Scott yelling for Isaac. With a groan, I flip my sheets off of my and stomp down to Scott's room to see what all the commotion is about

"It's Stiles," Scott tells Isaac as I walk in the room "Get dressed."

"What's wrong with Stiles?" Isaac and I ask at the same time.

"I don't know."

"Okay, wait just one second." I turn to walk out the door "I have to put some shoes on."

"Bella, he told me not to tell you."

"What?"

"You should probably stay home. He doesn't want you to worry."

"Screw that." I scoff.

"Bella—"

"Just let her come," Isaac interrupts "We can't this to her."

"Do what?" Scott shakes his head.

"You know what."

***

We finally get to Stiles' house after the worst 10 minutes of my life. Saying it was the worst might be a little dramatic, but I hate riding on Scott's motorcycle. There's a reason why I ride with Stiles everywhere. Scott isn't even a good driver, and I don't want to get my face ripped off by asphalt.

Anything to save Stiles, I guess.

We walk into Stiles' room and see Lydia and Aiden looking around it.

"How do you know?" Scott questions "Did he call you too?"

"I heard it," Lydia tells us.

I send them a confused look, to which Aiden glares at me and says "Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask."

"Not as confusing as this." Lydia leads our eyes to dozens of red strings wrapped around a pair of scissors that is stabbed into Stiles' bed. "He uses red for unsolved cases."

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?" Aiden suggests.

"Or is an unsolved case," Isaac continues.

"Hold on," Lydia thinks out loud "Is he still out there? You don't know where he is?"

"He said he was in an industrial basement somewhere." Scott explains.

"We came here to get a better scent." Isaac adds.

"What else did he say?"

"Something's wrong with his leg," Scott says "It's bleeding."

"And he's freezing," Isaac tells us.

"Tonight's the coldest night of the year. It's going to drop into the 20s." Aiden explains, making my stomach queasy.

"What did his dad say?" Lydia asks.

"We kind of—" Scott looks around guiltily "We didn't tell him yet."

"You didn't what?!" I shout.

"Stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call his dad?" Lydia exasperates.