Are We Out of the Woods

I watch as my mom holds a flashlight over Stiles' eyes, trying to find out if this is really him. I insisted that he was, but no one would believe me. I don't have a solid reason, but I just can see it in his eyes. Even though the nogitsune was a great actor, he could never quite get his eyes right.

My mom hesitantly grabs his wrist "Well. Medically, you seem okay. You're definitely a real person."

"Okay, so I'm real," He agrees "But am I really me?"

Scott marches is and Stiles sits up, "Is she here?"

"Yeah," Scott nods.

"Okay, let's do this." Stiles says and everyone looks around nervously "Guys we have to do this."

"Do you recognize me?" Mrs. Yukimura interrogates him once we get down the stairs.

Kira runs in, filled with more than her normal amount of anxiety "Stop!"

"It's okay," Stiles walks towards them "I'm the one who asked her to come."

"You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords."

"Stabbed with swords?" My eyes widen "Nobody told me that."

"Mom," Kira begs "Don't do this to him."

"It's already done." She explains.

The Oni start to appear out of the shadows, but it's even more terrifying this time. This time I know they are going to hurt him. One of them grab Stiles' head to hold him still, and my mom puts her arm over me to keep me grounded as well. I'm not exactly sure what it does, it's all very confusing, but it's eyes glow bright green before it drops Stiles onto the floor.

"Look behind his ear," Mrs. Yukimura commands.

Scott runs towards Stiles and checks his ear "It worked."

"So, I'm actually me?" Stiles hopes.

"More you than the Nogitsune." Mrs. Yukimura offers.

"I told you guys." I whisper receiving unamused looks from everyone, but Stiles.

"So can the Oni find him?" Stiles asks.

"Tomorrow night." Mrs. Yukimura assures "It's to close to dawn now."

"Can they kill him?"

"It depends on how strong he is."

"What about Lydia?" Scott asks "Why would he take her."

"He would only take her for an advantage." She explains.

"You mean her power?" Scott's brows furrow.

"The power of a Banshee."

***

I wake up to Allison tapping my shoulder. I squint my eyes as I take in my surrounds "Ugh, what time is it?"

"Around 1:00 pm."

My eyes violently widen "You guys let me sleep this long? Where's Stiles?"

"He's alright. He's with Scott." She smiles at me, calming my nerves

"Okay," I sit up and rub my face "What's up?"

"I brought you something." She beams.

"I'm pretty sure these circumstances don't warrant a gift."

"It's not really a gift."

"Okay," I trail.

She reaches out from behind her a dusty old case. I send her a confused face, but open the box anyways. Inside are 5 sleek daggers. Their blades are long and sharp and their handles are a sage green color, slightly bedazzled with pastel gems that form a floral design.