Chapter 3: A Fast Paced Day

First Person POV

    I wake up to knocking and as I open my eyes, I hear bird outside being loud in the morning. "Come in" I groggily say. I try and get up but there's quickly a sharp pain in my shoulder. I lay back down cursing at myself for doing so. Why did I lay back down now I have to do that again and it's gone hurt more now that I know it's gonna happen. The door opens and the maid comes in.

    "How are you feeling?" She asked.

    "Still hurts like hell." I responded.

    "He must've hit you harder than what he normally would." She said. That sentence made my gears start grinding and it completely woke me up. She must've see my reaction, "Don't mind that."

    I went along with her for now. She helped me up. She got on my bed and pulled me up from the lower area of my torso so she doesn't hurt my shoulder. I can barley move it without hurting. She grabs my uniform for my school and puts my left sleeve on my arm so I wouldn't have to move it, I then am able to put my right arm through its sleeve. She buttons it up for me. I feel pampered like a baby, and this time it's kind of embarrassing but I don't mind it. I can't really do anything about it.  She hands me the tray of food, I start eating only using my right hand and arm. Even moving my neck hurts. God, I really want to take back yesterday and redo it. Then I remembered Daniela, Bela, and Cassandra. Well, redo most of it. I finished eating food. It earlier than yesterday well it looks like it. I look for my phone to see it dead. NO! I DIDN'T CHARGE IT LAST NIGHT! My crappy old phone. I didn't charge it. Well I need a new phone but I won't ask for one, "Whats the time?" I ask the maid that is still in my room.

    As she grabs my jacket to put it on me, she looks at her wrist and says, "7:25" Holy fuck I'm going to be late again. I grab the charger and shove it in my bag. She puts the jacket through my arm and I rush to put my right arm through its sleeve. I grab my book bag on my right shoulder.

    I almost rush through the door before remembering, "Thank you..." I say hoping she knows I'm asking for her name.

    She looks a bit surprised, "Uh- Maria." She finishes.

    "Thank you Maria, you have been very kind and helpful to me." I say she smiles and bows as I run down the stairs. Don't they have any elevators. I run to the garage once I'm on the first level. I go through the door to see them entering the car. I run towards the car only to be stopped by Richard.

    He reached out and grabbed the back of my jacket. "You are walking today." He said.

    WHAt school is three miles (4.8 kilometers) away. At minimum. It'll take me over an hour to get there. "Bu-" he quickly raises his hand as if he's going to hit me. I quickly flinch and fall to the ground, "Yes sir." He lowers his arm as I get up and start running to the front door to get to school. A maid at near the entrances notices me zoom by as I force the doors open. I probably broke something but I don't care, I'll regret it later. I just need to make it to school as quick as possible. Until I come to abrupt stop. I LEFT MY PHONE AT HOME!!! AHHHHHHHHH! I just want to scream. I turn my head looking back and quickly regret it as a sharp pain quickly jolts through my neck and shoulder. Shit. Forget my phone school is more important right now. I start running again before my heart calms down so I'm not as tired. 40 mins later I made it to the street the school is on, there is still 10 minutes to reach school. Im sweating and panting. I ran a bit more than three miles (4.8 kilometers) in 1 hour I'm not the fastest but I sure am proud of that number. I ran through the halls to my class. I try to open the door to my class but came to an abrupt stop before ramming into the door but I was a bit too late and my shoulder hit the door causing a lot noise to abrupt and disturb the class and the classrooms in the hall. The boy from yesterday opened the door and looked pissed. I am an hour and 15 mins late. It's not as bad as yesterday but still bad. I walk in sweaty and panting a bit embarrassed that Bela, Cassandra, and Daniela will see me like this. They all looked worried for me. I waved a little wave at them.