Chapter 8: Dinners Unexpected Visitors

First Person POV

    I'm still seated down in the main area. I hear a door open and I am still worried. It was a door on the second level. This place is so huge that it echoes through it. I see Cassandra come to the edge. She smiles and starts walking down the stairs to get to me. "Hey did you wait long?"

    I looked up to her as she is closing on me, "Well, I'm not sure, I wasn't counting."

    She laughs, she is about to say something before the maid comes with a cart with glass cup and a pitcher of water with a bottle of wine. Cassandra looks at her and frowned a bit, "Sorry for the interruption lady Cassandra, but your mother wishes for you and your sisters, and the guest to be in the dining room for dinner."

    "Very well, we'll be there when my sisters are down and ready. You're dismissed." The maid bowed and left. "Sorry, so as I was saying, what do you think? Me and my sisters will be matching. Mother does like it when we match our clothing so we have a couple matching outfits. They used to be dresses but we begged mother to let us change it up a bit."

    I look at the outfit. She's wearing a white poet blouse with bishop sleeves that reach the hem where her wrists are. I looked at her pants or medieval breeches. They were purely black with her black leather boots catching up to where the hem rod the breeches reaches. I looked back up at her face and she smirked. Black lipstick really compliments her yellow eyes. It looks great on her. "It looks amazing, and it really matches the setting of the castle." I couldn't take my eyes off of her, "Wait are your sisters dressing up like this?"

    She looks at me, "Yes, mother likes us to match most of the times so we do it during dinners wether guests are invited or not."

    "You guys must really love her a lot." I swear sometimes I'm so stupid.

    "Of course we love mother. Mother does so much for us, mother cares for us, helps us, loves us, and treats us like her own. I just wish we could do more for her. I feel sometimes all I do is stress her out. Especially from yesterdays event." Oh right! Yesterday, she awkwardly chuckled as she smiled and sat down with me to wait for her sisters. "Lets change the subject away from me. Did anything happen yesterday. Did he hurt you? Did he lay a hand on you? Did he do something because if he did, I swear-"

    I cut her off because there's no point in lying, and I'm sure if he ever crosses paths with Cassandra he won't be found anymore. "Cassandra, I appreciate your concern and yes he did hit me, but please don't do anything to him. I love that you want to protect me and all. I really do, but maybe you can be a bit over protective sometimes. You don't have to do anything." Then something crossed my mind. Dinner. What time is it. If it's passed five my alarm should've been going crazy. I frantically move my hands around my pants and finally grab my phone in my left pocket to check the time. Oh NO. ITS DEAD!!! I look at Cassandra, "Cassandra what's the time?" I grab her shoulder and shook her a bit.

    "Wait, wait. Calm down, let me see," Casandra pulled her phone out of her pocket and turned it on, "6:14. Why do you ask?"

    "Holy fuck," The whisper left my mouth. Richard is gonna kill me when I get back home. "I- thank you but II have to go!"

    "What do you mean by 'go'?" Cassandra grabbed my arm as I tried walking away from her. She grabbed it a bit too tight that she hurt a bruise that was on my arm and I flinched at the pain. Cassandra must've noticed because she loosened her grip and went down to hold my hand. "Sorry!"

    I waved her off, "It's ok, but I'm late. I wasn't even supposed to-"

    I was cut off by a maid, "Lady Cassandra, please inform your sisters that the guest are arriving very soon. I'll go to inform your mother. They are approximately arriving in at least 5 minutes." She bowed and left without waiting for Cassandra to say a word.