Chapter 10: Lost and Found

First Person POV

    "Let the search begin." Daniela says. We reach the the left side of the castle. "This is the bed chamber." We look around. The room isn't that big. Theres one, "This where Mother usually spends time for fun or work."

    "Huh-" There's a closet. I open it and there is nothing there. We look around a bit more. I even check under the bed. "There's no one here. Uhh Daniela, what's her name?"

    Cassandra looked at me, a frown on her face. Surely for being worried for her aunt, "Aunt Donna. Donna Beneviento. Um.. Lets go to the second floor. This room is practically the only one on the first floor. The Hall of Joy and Atelier are upstairs. They're next to the library. So we did a full circle around it. At least we covered more ground that way." She pinches the bridge of her nose and sighs.

    "Atelier?" That's a word I haven't heard before.

    "It's the room full of art, Bela also paints. She thinks we don't know but we do. She's really good at it too." Oh it's the room Bela mentioned. I guess I will be seeing it today. I can't wait to see Bela's work. Although I wish it was her showing me. "She's embarrassed by it but we still love her, and so does Mother." Daniela smiles. "Bela tries so hard for us and Mother. Thats mostly the reason I want her to spend time with me and Daniela, to loosen up. Bela is a perfectionist and it stresses her out. When we met you, she loosened up a bit, and we're all thankful of you for that." Her hand grabs my shoulder and shakes it.

    "Oh uh, thanks. Really. I didn't know I could do that. You three are like the only people that actually talk to me here. I mean I had a couple friends before I moved, but when I moved my phone started giving in and I couldn't really communicate with them as much or my phone will destroy itself." I chuckled a bit.

    "Oh, we are? What about your mother? She seems to care about you. Also your phone is very old, when did you get it?"

    "Oh! My father gave it to me. I guess thats why I haven't let it go...that and my mom hasn't let me get a new one."

    "Oh. Once we find my aunt I'll see what I can do about it." Daniela said. What does she mean by that? "Well, c'mon, we have to keep on looking for her."

    She grabs my hand and holds it while going up the stairs. She tightens her grip just a bit. She's really worried. I mean I am too, she's around Ethan a boy who thinks he is a man and just acts like a dickhead.

    We enter the Hall of Joy. It has a statue. It looks like it's made of some sort white rock.. and I want to say quarts but I may be wrong. "Hey..whats the statue made of?"

    "Its probably marble, but other than the statue, nothing seems out of place. Maybe no one was here, or they passed by without tou-" Daniela stops talking. Then frowns.

    "Is something wrong?" She's staring at the statue. Then I realize, the mask is upside down.

    "They touched the statue. The mask is upside down. That means they were here. They're either in the library..or the Atelier." She sighs, "Lets look in the library first. It's bigger. Although, going for the smaller room would be the starter choice. We'll know if they leave the library since it likes to echo."

    "Shouldn't we call your sisters?" Bela did tell us to call her if we found something out. "Bela said to call them if we find anything right?"

    "We should," Daniela takes out her phone and unlocks it, then opens her contacts and proceeds to call her sisters, she then hands her phone to me, "Tell them where we are and to come over."

    "I-uhh-ok," I carefully handle her phone because it looks expensive and put it to my ear, "Hello?"

    "Hello, Y/N, Where are you?" Bela says.