Chapter 11: Conflicted

Belas POV

It was now morning. My sisters aren't happy with each other. Sometimes they are so foolish but what was Y/N thinking! She knew this would cause so much issues. But what type of sister was I going to be. It's better to say it now than later. If she had kept it to herself. The damage done would have been much worse. Daniela is currently mad and Cassandra is sad. This wouldn't be normal for them. Usually it's Daniela who is sad and Cassandra who is mad. Mother is definitely going to ask questions. Mother might even see through my facade. I sigh. I just don't want my sister to have a rift between them. I get up from my bed and get dressed in very old clothing. I walk up to the Atelier, I'm just going to paint.

I'm halfway through a painting and Daniela hasn't even came in to ask me if she can watch or just come in to watch without saying anything. Breakfast is going to be difficult. I wake up a bit earlier than my sisters but Daniela would have normally been here by now. She isn't here. It doesn't feel the same. I go to the armory. Which Cassandra calls the target practice room. I really hope Cassandra is in here. If she isn't, she is really out of it. I open the door to find it empty. No, this is usually Cassandra comfort. What about the library Daniela must be up there.

I reach the library doors. I open them and peek inside, "Helloo? Danni? You in here?" If she's in here I wonder if she can tell I'm worried.

"Bela?" Thats mother!

"Yes, Mother?"

Your sister isn't here. Is everything alright?" Mother is onto me. She can probably see right through me.

"Yes mother everything is fine. I was only looking for her because she didn't come when I..was...working." Mother definitely know now. My words never break like that. They never should. But they did. I felt like I was going to cry. "Oh MOther. I have made a terrible mistake. I run up to Mother to hug her.

She hugs back, "Shhhh, it's ok Bela. It's ok. Tell me what's wrong." I don't know if I want to tell Mother yet.

"I just want hugs...is that fine Mother? I want to handle the issue myself."

Say yes, say yes. "Hmm, very well, but if you ever need me, I'm here." She kisses my forehead. I don't mind. I came running into my Mothers arms crying. A kiss on the forehead is one of the most comforting things for me. I'm sure that's why I do it to my sisters. Mother grabs my arms and slowly unwraps them, "I'm sorry Bela, but your Aunt left me work from yesterday. I have to finish most of this and then I'll make it to breakfast. Please find your sisters for me and get them ready for breakfast."

"Of course Mother, I love you! Thank you." I hold onto the hug a bit longer before letting go.

Mothers hand reaches for my cheek, "I love you too, honey. Now go." She smiles.

Honestly, Mother is magical. She can make us feel better from anything. Well off I go to get my sisters. Hopefully they're in their room. If not I'd have to go to Casandra's little secret room in the castle. Which is near the top, and far. I enter Danielas room. I look over to her bed. It's empty, but I do hear the shower running. I enter the room. The mirror is fogged up. "Danni?" Please answer.

"What do you want?" She is mad.

"Mother wants us down for breakfast soon. Once she's done with work she'll come down from the library, and have breakfast with us." Please don't start an argument.

She stayed silent for a moment, "I'll be down soon, now leave me alone."

"Do you know where Cassandra is?" I'll have to check her room.

"No and I don't care." Now she's taking it too far.

"Don't talk like that! She's our sister, and we're your sister. Even if your mad, I know you don't feel that way." I know she's mad but there's always a line.