Chapter 9: Exploration

First Person POV

I stepped out of the dining room. Mark and Ethan are already rough housing with each other, I look at the girls and they nod for me to come over to them. I walk towards them and they race to grab my hands. Daniela and Bela are the winners. I look over at Ethan and Mark worrying that they are looking. Mark is staring me down and Ethan is talking with a maid? That is probably very concerning. I ignore it hoping it's not anything. The maid did look different though. She wore all black and had a veil on. I look back and they're gone. Should I be concerned. Daniela starts pulling me away. Her grip a bit too tight I flinch and hiss in pain.

Daniela loosens up her grip a bit, "Sorry Pumpkin." It was a very quick apology but she checks my hand to make sure nothing is wrong with it. After she deems its fine she sighs, "C'mon Pumpkin, we're taking you to the library first."

"No let the library be last! You won't stop talking about your books." Cassandra says. Right Daniela likes books. "Lets go to target practice first!" She smirks and looks at me excited.

"Sister that is such a...vulgar? area." Bela says a bit worried she wasn't using the word 'vulgar' correctly. She shakes it off, "Regardless, lets take Y/N to..." She pauses and thinks for a bit. "Lets take her to the Opera hall, that way, my dear sisters, she can hear us all play and it will take the least amount of time to do so." Bela suggests.

"Fine I'm ok with that," Daniela agrees.

"Whatever, but target practice is next."

"No! The library." Daniela argues.

"Target practice, I said it first!" Cassandra sticks out her tongue.

"Fine!" Daniela crosses her arms and sticks her tongue out to return the gesture.

They're so adorable! Awwwww. We walk through the courtyard and I notice that Danielas mood has already been lifted up. Then I saw Cassandra whisper to her. I don't know what she said but it made Daniela happy. Siblings, how can they fight so much but get along so well. "Uhh girls?" I say remembering something. They all stop and look at me. "I just realized we left them alone. The boys."

"Why does that matter? It's not like they'll touch anything that isn't theirs." Cassandra says. As much as she does have a good point, I'm more concerned about the woman in the black veil. They must've noticed my face, "Is something bothering you? Are they bothering you?"

"Huh no, not at the moment, I'm just a bit worried. About Richard.. or more like what will happen later. I left without saying a word, didn't come back at the appropriate time, probably got a maid in trouble, I definitely got in trouble by just being here before them in general. Im scared." Well, I was able to ignore the controversy about the veiled lady, but I opened a whole another topic.

Cassandra softened her stare a bit and sighed, "I don't know how to help." She looked down and came in to hug me, "I said I would protect you always but I can't, I can't do anything because I'm never there with you." The next word she whispered took me by surprise, "I'm sorry I lied, I couldn't keep the promise I made you." She sniffled. I stepped back. I looked up at her and hugged her. Her sisters noticed Cassandra crying. They came in to hug her.

"Cassandra..Whats wrong? Don't cry." Bela says. She is so reassuring.

"Hey Cassey c'mon don't cry.. You're gonna make me cry." Daniela is very affectionate so her feeling sad because her sister does is very understandable. We walked to the front of the opera hall and sat Cassandra down. As her sisters comforted her with soothing words and small reassurances, all I could was rub her back and hug her. I felt a bit useless in this situation and like I wasn't able to help.