Prologue Part Two

I headed inside and went to the kitchen to grab some plates and cutlery for everyone.

"Feel free to start digging in everyone I'll go around and start healing you as you eat if that's ok with y'all?" I said as I reached into the fridge and grabbed myself a sprite. Healing always made me thirsty.

The men settled themselves down on the couch and I looked back and forth at them deciding who to heal first. I closed my eyes and used my abilities to sense what injuries each of them had and then decided on Superman. His injuries were like a weight on his shoulders and I figured he would be the easiest to start with. I walked over to him and squatted down in front of him.

I hesitated as I stretched out my hand, waiting to see if I had permission. He nodded his approval and I slowly reached forward and placed my hand on his forehead. I immediately retracted as I felt a jolt of energy race down my arm. What the fuck! I stared at him in shock.

"What the actual fuck was that?" I asked him. He just stared at me with curiosity but didn't reply so I wasn't quite sure if I had imagined that or not. I shrugged it off and proceeded to heal his body of the after effects of the kryptonite. The entire time I could sense everyone staring at me and did my best to ignore it.

"Thank you, I feel much better," Superman said once I had finished.

"Don't worry about it, it was my pleasure," I said smiling at the man of steel.

I moved onto Aquaman next, unwrapping the bloody bandages he had used in the car and tossing them out before I reached out to touch him as well. I gasped as I felt another shock of electricity. I gazed up at him to find him smiling at me but it didn't look like he was all to surprised so I couldn't tell if he had felt that as well. What was going on?

As I proceeded to heal the rest of the group I noticed that with all of them I felt the shock of energy. But as far as I was aware, none of them were surprised and or even noticed, it was hard to tell but I did notice that they kept glancing at me and smiling with these weird grins all over their faces.

"Ok, you're all healed. Now I got to get back home before anyone notices I'm gone! That and I have work in the morning. It was nice helping you out just try not to get yourselves captured again!" I said and before they could respond I sped out of the house and called out for Bee. I had speed (along with strength) among my many abilities but I didn't feel like using it at the moment, sometimes it was nice to just drive down the road singing to music and talking with Bee. Besides, there was no way I was getting any sleep tonight. I had my own wounds to tend to since my healing abilities didn't quite work the same on me and I generally had a hard time falling to sleep at night since I struggled with nightmares.

"Hey Bee? Do autobots have soulmates?"
I asked as I drove off back onto the highway.

"Yes, I had one, but unfortunately she died in defense of my home world decades ago in human time." I frowned as this was mew information.

"Really? I'm so sorry Bee! That's horrible."

"I wish she could have met you Athena, she would have really liked you," Bumblebee said. "Why do you ask anyways?"

"Oh, no reason it's just I felt sparks when I was healing everyone just now but it's stupid. I thought for a crazy second that one of them might be my soulmate but I felt it with all of them and they couldn't all be my soulmate that would just be crazy! Besides there's no way for me to know. Ben and George burned my skin of any marks when I was little and I was too young at the time to remember what the words were anyways." I said frowning. Bee just laughed and started to play a new song on the radio.

(Stupid Cupid - Connie Francis)

"You're such a child Bee! It's not like I'm in love with them or anything!" I gasped after the song was over though I giggled it was a very catchy song I had to admit.

I drove back to National City and sent Bee off to go do whatever he wanted while I snuck back into my room and got out some bandages and picked out an outfit for work that would cover any bruises.