Chapter Seventeen

Athena's POV

Kara, Alex, and I were in her apartment talking about Valentine's Day and Alex's plans to make Maggie enjoy the holiday when we heard the sound of cars screeching to a halt and several high pitched screams. We ran to the window and looked down.

"Parasite! How is he still alive?" Alex said.

"I don't know. Stay here!" Kara said as she and I flew down to the ground.

"Hey. I thought you were dead!" Kara called out.

"You're the one who's dead," he replied.

"Remember me?" Mon-El said as he suddenly showed up followed by Clark and Oliver, Roy, Arthur, Barry and Bruce.

I got slammed into a car and watched as Parasite sent the others flying through the glass of a store front.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I ran over to them.

"I was going to ask you the same question," Mon-El said.

"Look! Up in the sky!" I heard a bystander say.

"It's a bird!"

"It's a plane!"

"It's..."

"Superman?"

"Not quite."

"Mxy?" I said in surprise. I glanced over at Clark to see what he thought of Mxy's current outfit which was clearly a Superman copy. Judging from the look on his face, he wasnt too happy about it.

"Are you serious?"

"Thought you could use a little extra help, baby,"

"Um, hello. We were helping her so..." Mon-El said.

"You? That's a laugh. You're lucky I flew in when I did, Thunderbolt. I mean, do you think these frauds could have helped you save the day? What superpower? I guess he could have leaped over Parasite like a gazelle," Mxy said as he glared at Mon-El. I don't know what it was between the two of them but they really didn't like each other.

"Hey, that's..." I started to say.

"Oh, would you like to see my superpower? Cause I will just rip you apart with my bare hands right here if you're interested in that!" Mon-El said.

"Spoken like a true Daxamite. You're nothing but a thug. I mean, this goddess, she requires a man who's equal in her powers and wits. Who can come to her aid when villains suddenly pop up!"

"Wait...Parasite...This was all you?" I exclaimed.

"Don't you...Don't you see what he's doing here? He's creating havoc so that he can play the hero and then impress you!" Oliver said as he strode over.

"What's wrong with that? She's been slumming it with you for so long, she doesn't realize what's out there."

"Why don't you just say your name backwards, buddy, and just zap back to wherever you came from, okay?"

"Wait, that's how you send him away?" I stared at Mon-El in surprise. "Don't you even...You have a rat face!" He said looking at Mxy.

"What is wrong...Stop. Stop. Enough. Mon-El, get out of here. Go!" I said as he did his best to attack Mxy. "All of you!" I added as I looked behind Mon-El to see the others looking ready to attack as well.

"Me? What about him!" They all cried out. I rolled my eyes.

"I told you I was handling this, now go!" I told them all.

"Fine!" I sighed as they all left looking extremely pissed.

"I thought he would never leave. Finally, darling, we're alone."