Chapter Twenty Four

Thalia's POV

"Hey. That's your mom," I heard Percy say as he nudged me in the side and pointed to a large statue in the center of the main room.

"I wonder if she really looks like that," Annabeth and I said at the same time.

"We'll find out," Percy said as he stared intensely at me.

"Guys, check this out. Oh, man. It's the pearl. That was easy!" Grover said.

"Easy? It's 30 feet in the air and this place is filled with tourists!" Annabeth pointed out.

"I got an idea. We'll come back after the place closes. Come on, follow me!" Percy said.

"Or I can just throw my crutch up there! I'm saying, the pearl would fall out..."

"Grover! Or I could just fly up there!" I pointed out.

"Where's the fun in that?" Percy said. I rolled my eyes at him.

*Short Time Skip*

"The park's been closed for an hour. Let's move!" Percy said as we all unlocked our bathroom stalls.

"Yes, sir!" Grover said.

"All right, this will be easy!" Percy told Grover.

"Okay," Grover said nodding along.

"You're gonna fly up. You're gonna use Luke's flying shoes. You're gonna grab the pearl, and..."

"Cool," Grover said.

"You know it would take me two seconds flat to get up there and pull the Pearl out," I said but they waved me off. Boys and their toys. We started to enter the room but Percy flung an arm out to block our path and we peered out to see a bunch of janitors.

"Okay, so what are we going to do?"

"All right, guys."

"I got this."

"You got what? Hey, yo, hey, listen!" Grover called as he saw the crossbow in Annabeth's hands. "You're going to kill the janitors?"

"Chill," I told him.

"Those are working-class Americans! Oh, man. Why did you do that?" He asked when she had finished shooting them all.

"They're not dead, they're unconscious," she said rolling her eyes. "Now, we have 30 minutes. Come on!" I looked over to see her pulling out her laptop. I guessed who she was calling and decided to go work on getting the janitor's bodies out of sight.

I frowned at Luke as Annabeth video conferenced him to ask him how the shoes worked. Something about the guy just rubbed me the wrong way.

"Yeah, Grover! There we go!" I cheered a few minutes later when Grover landed back on the ground with the Pearl in his hand.

"There it is. Yeah!" Percy said. "That's what I'm talking about. Way to go."

"All right, let's grab everything..." Annabeth started to say but we paused as we heard footsteps and turned around to see the janitors had returned and were all lined up in a row.

"Oh, man," I said.

"Look, I got this, okay? Hey, guys, I'm with Park Recreational Services. You guys have been caught sleeping on the job. You better be happy
I'm not writing you guys up, okay? This is the last time!" Grover said.

"We've been expecting you, Mr. Jackson."

"Not again," Percy groaned.

"Just give us the lightning bolt and we'll let you go."