| 17 |

17. The Cover-Up

•Nyla•

~ 2DaYsLaTeR~

Son?

I have a son?

How come no one ever told me this?

Driving along the highway, my mind wasn't in one place. I was crying. I wanted to get to the bottom of things, so I'm back in ATL. Imma drop by nana and check on her first then Imma head over to my parents' house.

I pulled into Nana's front yard and parked. I looked in the mirror and wiped my running mascara putting on my Ray Bands.

I got out the car walking to her front door. I rang her door bell. I was greeted with a beautiful smile.

"Hey baby. I missed you so much" she said as she squeezed me into a hug.

I smiled. "I missed you too nana" she walked me inside and we headed straight for the kitchen.

"You hungry?" She asked as she stood at the stove.

I shook my head no.

"So what brings you to the A?" She asked as she sat opposite me at the island.

"I need you to be really honest with me. Did I really lose both of my babies?" She smiled.

"Actually no you didn't. The girl didn't make it but the boy did" I nodded.

"So why did y'all keep that away from?"

"That I won't be able to answer. You gotta ask your parents" I nodded.

"I'll come by tomorrow. Bye" I kissed her cheek then I left.

*

*

I opened the door to my parents house.

"Wh- Nyla!" I looked up the stairs and saw Milan. She got so pretty.

"Hey Milly!" I smiled as we hugged.

"Oh my! It's been ages!" She exaggerated. I smiled.

"I know right!"

"Thanks for all the gifts you sent me"

"You're welcome. Where's Aden?"

"Oh he's at his house, TJ is at school and mom and dad are at work"

"Okay so why aren't you at school?"

"We had half day. I was about to head over to Aden's. You wanna come?"

"Sure"

She locked up the house and we got in my car.

She put in his address on the GPS. It was like a whole 2 hours drive to his house. I know he really wanted to get away from mom and dad.

"We gotta pick up TJ. His school is right ahead" I nodded.

*

*

We were finally at Aden's house. It was like a mansion.

He opened the door and lifted me into the air.

"Lil sis! I missed yo light skin ass!" He shouted.

I laughed.

"I missed you too" we walked inside.

*

*

We were finally back at the house and I saw mom and dad's car parked outside.