|14|

~2 Years Later~

E M I L Y

"Hey baby" I said as I walked into Malik's house.

"Hey" I took a seat beside him.

He rest his head in my lap as I ran my hand continuously over his waves.

"How is your sister?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know. Who cares about the bitch thou? You fucking her or something?"

He raised up and stared at me like I was stupid.

"You know what? I should've kept her instead of you. You always negative about shit. You can't cook, clean like what the fuck can you do? Then you assuming shit. I swear I should've cheated on yo ass. You always hating for no reason. If anything you should thank God for a sister like her cause she don't lie on yo ass and don't get you in trouble after all the shit you did to her. I'm done with yo ass. I don't even know why I'm with you when I could get better. Talk to me when you mend that shit with your sister. You better hope she forgive yo ass"

I was shocked. I just sat there with my mouth open.

"Leave Emily"

It was as though everybody was turning on me. Dad doesn't seem happy anymore. My step mother isn't around that much anymore. My siblings don't like me that much. I mean, I always wanted a sister. The only person I could talk to about everything and when I did get her I only messed it up for me.

Ugh! Where is Nyla when I need her?

J O N A H

Walking around the house, I tucked my hands away in my pockets. It was summer and I only have 2 more years for college, UCLA preferably.

Nathan is now 2 years and somewhat seldom cries.

"If only Nyla was here to see him" I mumbled as I walked up the steps to his room.

Slowly opening the door, I saw Layla rocking him to sleep. We've been together for 2 years now and she's very helpful. Nate calls her 'mama' sometimes and she likes it. I know, I would've hated it if he called some other guy 'dada' but he needs a mother figure in his life.

She covered him and walked to the door.

"He's so adorable" she smiled.

I held her hand as I led her down to the living room.

"I wanna thank you a lot for being here for us, Layla. I know that Nyla would kill me if she knew there's another girl around her son but thank you" she chuckled.

"It's okay, Jonah. No need to thank me" I kissed her hand as she giggled.

"That tickles"

"Oh yeah" I started tickling her as she squirmed around on the couch laughing.

"Stop Jonah"

"Nope"

"Jonah please! I have to pee!" She begged.

I stopped and she ran off.

"I gotta go. Mom needs my help"

"Aww so soon"

"I'll see you tomorrow" she give me a peck on the lips then walked out.

I sat back on the couch and unlocked my phone.

I scrolled through my pictures and saw pictures of Nyla. I was so in love with this girl.

Don't get me wrong, I love Layla too but Nyla. That's my heartbeat right there.