Chapter I- The Arguments

N Y L A

"Ma!"

"Yes Nyla!?"

"Aden cursed again!"

"Aden come here, NOW!"

"Geesh! Why you always telling momma?" Aden mumbled as he walked out my room.

I ran into my closet for something to wear to school. I pulled on my white Angelina crop top with my torn apart boyfriend jeans. I slipped on my white Tom Ford patent ankle lock pumps.

"Where is my silver necklace?" I mumbled. I heard the small pattering of Milan's footsteps coming closer to my room.

"Ny"

"Yes Milan?"

"Can you do my hair?"

"I can't I'm already late" I looked up and saw that she had on my necklace.

"Can I get my necklace back?"

"Only if you do my hair"

"Don't make me tell mom that you're blackmailing me again"

"Ok" she rolled her eyes and handed it to me.

"Thank you. Come let me put your hair in a quick bun" she sat on my bed as I combed her hair.

"I'm finish"

"Thank you" then she ran off. I grabbed my blue Tory Burch backpack and walked downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen where I heard my mom and dad arguing.

"Stop telling me what to do Tyler! I'm a grown ass woman!" Mom yelled.

"I'm the man here! What I say goes. Don't yell at me!" He yelled.

"You know what? I'm so tired of your bullshit" she grabbed her bag and walked out.

"We're not done here! Africa! Shit!" He cursed.

He turned around and saw me.

"I'm off to school" I mumbled.

He nodded.

I walked out to my Infiniti hybrid q50, got in before driving to school.

~At School~

I literally ran to class in my heels. It was Math class and I know Mr. Lee gon be on my ass about being late.

I walked in and he was doing a math problem on the board.

"You're late Ms. Wright" like duh! I can see that!

"Yes I am" I said walking to my seat.

"Uh uh uh. Come work this problem first" I rolled my eyes and walked back to the board.

"One minute" he said. I collected the chalk and started. Within 30 secs I was finished.

"Hmm impressive" I walked back to my seat to see some unknown guy in my seat.

"Umm, excuse me you're in my seat"

"Sorry ma but I didn't see a name here" is this nigga foreal?

"Just sit somewhere else Nyla" Mr. Lee said. "You're already late" I rolled my eyes and went to sit infront by the window. I took out my earphone and put it in and blasted some music. Soon I dosed off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to someone tapping me. I opened my eyes and saw my cousin Kalonie over me smiling.

"Rise and shine sleepyhead"

I got my bag and walked out.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I asked as I walked to the washroom to freshen up.