| 24 |

| Nyla |

"Joining me today is someone who is no stranger to public. She recently got engaged to Derek Jacobs Jnr. owner of that popular magazine, Wealth. She's also the famous photographer from N.J.H Photography. Guys please help me welcome Ms. Nyla Wright!"

I was all smiles as I walked unto the stage.

I waved at the crowd then took a seat near Ellen.

"Welcome to the Ellen Show" she said smiling.

"Thank you"

"So how's the engagement going?"

"It's going great. We're already planning the wedding"

"Is it going to be big or?"

"Actually I just wanted a small thing, inviting close relatives and friends but with Derek, it's gonna be something big"

"He like big things" Ellen said, causing the crowd and I to laugh.

"So guys we have the full Engagement Party footage but we'll play from when Derek starts singing"

I turned around to look at the video.

After the video was finished, I turned around as everyone applauded.

"So did you know it was an Engagement Party?"

"Nooo! Derek had called me earlier that day and said that we had a party to attend that night and that two girls were going to come get me so I can get my hair and make up done. So LaLa and I were talking, cause I had a shoot with her. And she said that Carmelo and her had a party to attend that night. So I figured it was the same party"

"So I heard that you have a child. Do you wanna talk about that?"

I give a weak smile.

"Yes I have a son, actually. He's nine years old"

"Where's he?"

"He's with his father. We don't really talk" I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear. "Like about ten years ago, I fell in love with someone. We were so close then on my 18th birthday I got pregnant with twins. My father never really approved of it. My mom was a bit supportive but at times she took dad's side. When I was six months pregnant, I got into a terrible car accident where I was shot. Unfortunately, I lost the girl but the boy survived. My parents never told me about him. Seven years later I ran into my first love and my first child. Because of what happened we never got back close. A year after, my child father got shot by the girl he was seeing at the time. I was there for him and on his hospital bed he tells me that I make things hard for him and that he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore"

"That's sad" Ellen said.

"I know but when you're accustomed to people hurting you it doesn't move you"

"You're glowing"

"You're the third person who has told me that"

"It's the truth! Look at her guys!" The audience started laughing.

I shrugged.

"It's was nice having you on the Ellen Show"

"Thanks for having me"

We hugged.

"We'll go to a commercial break. Don't touch that remote"

| Jonah |

"Mom, why didn't you tell me she was getting married?"

"I was going to tell you but you told me to call back" I aggressively rubbed my hair.

"Why are you so concerned anyway? You're the one who told her to leave. You pushed her away. Now you wanna destroy something that she formed with someone else. That's selfish"

"Mom, you know the effect Nyla has on me. Everything she does has some impact on me. This one has the worse. Her getting married? Nope I'm not allowing that. She's mine. I knew her first. I'm her first and I will surely be her last"

I stormed out of mom's house and got in my car. I was heading to Nyla's workplace but then I wasn't properly dressed.

I stopped home first. Took a shower then got dressed. (Outfit in the MM, also Jonah) with my navy and white Converse. Spraying some cologne, I left the house.

*

After pulling up to her workplace, I got the flowers and slipped on my sunglasses.

Walking inside, I saw her receptionist, Tamera who looked as though she had seen a ghost.

"Hey Tammy. Is Nyla in?"

"Uhh yeah. One second" I nodded as she left.

I turned around and waited for her to come back.

"Yes, can I help you?"

I turned around. I knew she didn't know it was me so I took off the glasses.

"Yes you can" I smiled.

She looked startled.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was in town and decided to drop by. These are for you" I handed her the flowers.

She collected them.

"White lily. You remembered"

"How could I not? So how are you Mrs. Jacobs?"

She smiled.

"I'm great. Better than I was in a long time"

"I'm can see. You look beautiful"

"Thank you. How's Nathan? Why didn't you bring him?"

"He's in LA with his pops"

"I miss him"

"He misses you too" She nodded.

"There must be a reason why you came here. What's up JoJo?"

It was as though, that name hit home. That was the nickname she gave to me. I had such a weakness for it and she knew it.

I turned and look at Tamera.

"Tamera, can you excuse us for a sec?" She asked.

"Sure" she left.

I tucked my hands in my pocket.

"Do you love him?"

"Of course I love him"

"Do you still love me?"

She stared at me for a minute.

"I don't know Jonah. You've changed. You're not the Jonah I fell in love with. You pushed me away. You kept Nate from me. You did me wrong even after I apologized for something I didn't do. I had so much love and respect for you. As for respect, that left the day you told me to leave and love... I don't know. I don't hold no grudge against you"

She looked hurt. I know what I did was wrong but in order for me to recover she had to go.

Her phone started ringing.

"I have to go. But it was nice seeing you" she smiled and walked away.

I walked out the building.

I saw a dark skin fella walking in and realized that it was her fiance.

Ole' dude did look like a model type and you could smell the Wealth he carried.

I walked to my car and got in and drove off.

This isn't over.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

~ Indi