F I F T E E N

Being without Campbell was like being without food and water for Angel, over the years of knowing him, and eventually dating him, she had became attached

Being without Campbell was like being without food and water for Angel, over the years of knowing him, and eventually dating him, she had became attached. She knew she wasn't supposed to get attached, after all she had separation anxiety, being without him for too long meant she was running out of oxygen in her world. 

When she first became attached to Campbell she attempted to distance herself, but Campbell wouldn't let her, he started coming to her house before school, hanging around with her in school, walking her home and staying for dinner sometimes. He made sure he was there for her.

He didn't realise the damage he would create later on.

By the time she reached the edge of the grass her legs crumbled beneath her, making her drop to the ground, hyperventilating. Angel felt as if someone was crushing her breathing pipes, she could feel and hear her heart beating faster than usual, which was strange considering she had taken her medication. 

Angel couldn't function, it was as if her body and her brain had shut down as she lay on the grass outside of the school. She had always found the football pitch calming, but she couldn't get to the football pitch, her legs wouldn't let her. 

If anyone walked past, they would think that Angel was too drunk, but truthfully, Angel had forgotten how to move. Her brain and body weren't co operating with her, she felt trapped and frozen in her own body as she lay on the cold, wet grass. She couldn't even lift her finger.

Angelica had only been this bad twice, when Mathew went missing, and when she was in the woods with Dewey. In both of those times, nothing hurt Angelica, mainly because she couldn't feel anything, it was as if she was a tortoise hiding in her shell, where she felt protected. Except, Angelica didn't feel protected, instead she felt vulnerable, her inability to move made her an easy target, without Campbell or Harry or Grizz nearby to carry her home or help her move, anyone could hurt her.

"Angel!" 

She wanted to sit up, Angel wanted to stand and scream, scream that she's here, and that she's sorry. Angel seriously wanted to scream at herself, for not letting her sit up, for not letting her get to her brother. 

"Angel?" 

She could hear Mathew shout for her again, he sounded close, but not close enough to see her obviously, or else she'd be able to see him too.

"Oh my god, Angel!" 

The sound of a car pulling up next to the school caused Angel's heart to race, Mathew didn't know how to drive, but she could definitely still hear his voice, "Angel!" She heard it once again, closer than ever, it sounded as if he was right next to her, but he wasn't.

Harry was.

He was clearly worried for her safety, it was only around 4pm, around 5-6 hours after Harry had last seen her when she slashed his hand. "Angel? It's me, Harry." Slowly, he walked up to her, and Angel could only just see the top of his face, she blinked slowly to let him know she could hear him.