TWENTY TWO

Thursday 28th November: realm unknown

Thanksgiving morning; Angel hadn't slept at all, instead the girl had spent all night baking whatever she could with the ingredients she kept at the house. She was heavily stressed out, Campbell was getting on her nerves, and she felt the need to punch Elle, but instead she baked. Thanksgiving was still important to all of the teens, it was the first big holiday they were all having without their parents.

Angel had baked numerous cakes, pies, waffles, cookies, everything that she could. She had taken quite a few breaks to cry and rest with Baby, who had now grown to be a fully sized dog. The guard had moved Mathew's body, and Gordie and Bean were trying to figure out what was going on. Angel sent over a digital copy of the letter, refusing to give the actual one up. 

"Angel? C'mon, at least sleep a little bit." Campbell complained as he walked into the kitchen to breakfast, Sam and Becca were already downstairs with the girl, both having spent the night for comfort. 

"Not tired. Eat." The girl mumbled as she shoved his plate in front of him, walking upstairs to shower. 

Sam and Campbell shared a concerned look, whereas Becca continued eating silently. 'What did she say?' Sam signed, Angel had mumbled, making it nearly impossible for Sam to read her lips. 

"Just that she's not tired."

'I don't like this.' 

"Neither do I, Becca how do we fix this?" Becca looked up, still stuffing her face with pancakes, 'we can't. all we can do is be here for her.' She signed, nearly poking Sam with the fork she was still holding

The three of them at silently in the kitchen, the only audible sound being the shower running and Angel walking around upstairs. There were numerous lunch boxes filled with food for the Thanksgiving dinner, though Angel didn't know if she wanted to attend anymore, the fresh memory of her brothers body haunting her. 

Gordie and Kelly had sent Angel multiple texts, as she had slightly edited the digital copy of her letter, removing the part about Harry, simply blurring it, Harry deserved to know before them. They also wanted, well Allie wanted, to speak to her about Lucas and Campbell, but Angel had ignored any and all Texts from them.

She stayed in the shower or half an hour, her tears falling with the running water, mixing together as she sat silently on the floor, Angel was conflicted. She was mourning her brother but at the same time, she was relieved that she now knew she wasn't crazy.

Angel was also pissed.

Lucas had warned her before she left, yet he knew exactly what was to happen in this town, not to mention he let her believe Mathew leaving was her fault when he was no doubt behind it. It relieved her knowing things with her anxiety and Campbell's 'problem' would dissolve with time, but she feared the beings that wanted her and her lover. 

--

After hours of debating, Angel decided o go to the thanksgiving dinner with Campbell and the others, she needed to eat, and not just all the deserts she had made the night before. "Are you sure? We can just stay at home if you want?" Campbell asked softly, a comforting hand on Angels shoulder.

"I shouldn't dwell on it, Mathew's death has allowed us to know loads more, he would've wanted me to go." She said firmly, arms full of baked goods as Campbell opened the front door for her.

The two drove in silence, a CD playing softly in the background as Campbell rested his hand on her thigh, they had missed the football match, but they weren't going to miss the food and the improv play.

The food hall was full to the brim as  Angel took a seat with Becca and Kelly around her, Campbell going to get them both plates, bumping into Elle who was putting down some pumpkin pie at the back of the table.