Who is Angelica Russo?

Angelica Russo is a quiet girl with only around 3, possibly 4 friends. She doesn't talk, mainly signs after it became a habit from being around Sam. She met Sam and Campbell when she was 13, Campbell and Sam had pretended to know the small, innocent girl when she was being followed, taking her home and helping her safely. After her parents refused to come get the girl, insisting she was just being a 'paranoid freak' she stayed at the Eliots house for 2 more nights, getting closer to Sam, Campbell staying locked in his room.

She didn't speak to either of the Eliot brothers until she met them again, this time at the High School they had all recently joined, she met Becca, a friend of Sam's and the three got close.
After around half a year of Angelica constantly staying with the Eliots on and off, Campbell started to grow close with the girl, he started to almost care for her. One night after Campbell had gone on a run, he heard a girl sobbing not too far away, curious, he went in the direction of the person, just to find out it was the girl his brother would call a sister, Angelica. The girl was covered in bruises and cuts, and when asked if she was ok, she just smiled and shrugged it off. Campbell however wouldn't accept that, he sat next to the girl and tried to comfort her until she felt safe enough to explain what happened.

When she explained the events of what had happened the older Eliot brother grew 'worried' for her and insisted she stayed with them. He began to grow a friendship with the girl, he stayed with her during school when she didn't want to be around Sam and Becca. He attempted to comfort her whenever she was upset, he watched those stupid girl movies with her, well at least he pretended to watch. He had his moments where he would take his anger out on the girl, immediately apologising and assuring the girl he wouldn't harm her. It was almost like he could feel something for her.

Her family life, wasn't the best, other people had it worse, most people had it better. She didn't see her parents much, but when she did she got hurt, or someone else got hurt. She had an older brother, Lucas, but she barely saw him either, he was home schooled, but he has lots of friends. He was sporty and everyone loved him, he practically hated his sister, didn't care for her, he had his moments where he could care for her but overall, his sister was just a burden to him. It wasn't always like that, but it wouldn't matter. Especially when she was unknowingly about to leave her old life behind, possibly forever.

Angelica Russo, the sweet, innocent, quiet girl. The girl who preferred to sign to people instead of talking, the girl who's family hates her, the girl who acts like everything's alright. When people spoke to her she would unintentionally sign her answer to them, before apologising and giving a quiet reply to them. Angelica Russo, the girl who everyone knew, but didn't know at the same time.