T H R E E

The following 10 days after the death of Emily and the realisation that this wasn't home, everyone stayed inside and cried themselves to sleep

The following 10 days after the death of Emily and the realisation that this wasn't home, everyone stayed inside and cried themselves to sleep. Allowing garbage to pile up, streets to smell, people to raid stores. They all asked

What is this place that looks like home?
And why are we here?

But we know for certain that the sun came up at 5:41 am like it normally does, like it should be. But at the train station the 7:10 never arrived, neither did the 7:25, no trains arrived yesterday or the day before.
Some people believed that we'd wake up from this, and that this all would be over and that everything would, again, be like everything was before.

Campbell and Angelica were stood among others, with Harry, watching Lexie and her group meditate and pray to the gods for help.

They looked crazy.

"It's something we did? Tell us."

"Or if there's something we need to do, give up some kind of clue." They said, staring into the sky, everyone around them either talking to themselves or just observing the group.

"Hey there's gonna, be biggest game of fugitive tonight. You in?" Harry mumbled, talking to Campbell and Angelica, Campbell looked down at his girl before answering, "yeah, sure. Whatever."

"Hey guys. Check it out." Something was happening to the sky, the sun. It was a solar eclipse, but they all hoped it was a sign. Everyone shielded their eyes while staring up, Lexie being the only one to speak, "we asked for a sign?"
"What does it mean?"

But Gordie cut in, giving them an answer, "it doesn't mean anything."

"It's a scheduled solar eclipse, sorry guys. No sign yet." Angelica carried on, "it's a predictable astronomical event. Just don't stare at it and- and we'll be fine." Gordie finished, smiling at the girl who helped him calm people a bit, "look at you being smart." Campbell teased his girlfriend, softly nudging her with his shoulder making Angelica and Harry share a laugh, 'well it is a normal astronomical event. I don't want people to panic and stare at it then go blind.' Campbell translated the ASL for Harry, "why'd you know so much about it?" He asked her, making her shrug, 'I like astrology.'

•••••

A little while later, Campbell and Angelica were heading towards the town hall, after hearing that Sam and Becca were there. Angelica wanted to make sure the two were okay, having dragged Campbell with her so she won't be alone, "babe I'm sure they're fine. Why can't we go home and have some fun."

"Camp, I wanna make sure myself. And besides, you should be nicer to your brother and his friends."

"But I don't like him. He's a stupid little deaf dude who signs all the time because he can't hear."

This however, offended Angelica too. She hit Campbell gently on the arm, "hey! I sign all the time too when I'm not with you. Besides it's not your brothers fault."

They both stayed quiet and carried on walking, stopping when they heard someone throwing up, "hello? Are you okay?" Angelica approached the ill person, who turned out to be Becca. "Becca? Are you alright?"

Becca nodded, having a feeling she knew what was wrong with herself. "I'm fine Angel, just something I ate." Angelica shook her head, "nope, come on. We're gonna get you some food and we're gonna get you feeling better. Is that okay Camp?"

She looked back at her boyfriend, checking it was okay. He nodded, "erm yeah sure. I'm gonna go see Sam. Where is that kid?" Becca pointed towards the town hall, "he's in there."

•••••
Angelica POV:

Becca and I walked off leaving Campbell to find his brother, "so Bec. What's actually wrong with you. I know when you lie." I put my arms around her shoulders, she shrugged. "I'm not sure Angelica, something I ate maybe." She answered, not looking at me though, "have you had sex in the past few weeks Becca?"

Becca blushes, giving me my answer, "ok. Let's go to the pharmacy and get you a test girlie."
We changed directions, turning away from Campbell's house and towards the shops.

••••••

After leaving Becca at hers, she decided to take the test tomorrow as she wasn't feeling too good. I walk towards the main store to quickly grab some food as Campbell has little to none in his house.

Walking in, the bell chimes, I hear quiet talking. Looking down an aisle I see Kelly and Will surrounded by food and a laptop, I walk towards them, "hey, what're you guys doing?" They both look up in shock, not expecting to see me or to hear me talk.

"We decided to count food, see how long it's gonna last us, see how fucked we are." Will answers me, making me laugh a bit. "That's a good idea. Who thought of it?" Sharing a look, they both just stare at me, "is there a problem?" Kelly shakes her head, "Cassandra. It was Cassandras idea."

"Ok? What's wrong with that? And can I help in anyway?" Smiling, Kelly says, "we're ok for now. We want to keep busy for a bit, and I don't want to exactly play fugitive with Harry."

Shit, fugitive. "Oh shit, I forgot about that. Campbell's gonna be pissed." Will looks concerned? "He won't actually hurt you right?" I shake my head, "of course not, he just gets worried. I have a panic disorder and mild separation anxiety. And it's about time I take my medication too."

"What's panic disorder?" Kelly asks, turning to face me as I take a seat next to them on the ground, "it's a mental disorder, well a psychiatric disorder. It gives me random panic attacks where I can't breathe and my mind goes blank. It's scary, I have to often stay away from certain areas of the town because it's some weird kind of trigger I guess. Sometimes I also get bad anxiety about it, like I get paranoid and scared that I'm gonna have an attack and that I'm gonna collapse or cry and no ones going to know what to do. It's why I stay around Becca, Sam and Campbell."

Will massages his head, "that was a lot. I didn't even know you spoke until the other day." I smile, Kelly lightly hits him on the arm, "and separation anxiety? Doesn't that give you anxiety about leaving people that your close with? Doesn't it make you scared to leave people like Campbell?" I nod, "yeah, I was just with Becca though and I know exactly where she is and Campbell's at the town hall with Sam so that helps. It's only mild too so it's not that bad and Campbell and I have bond touch bracelets, if I ever feel overwhelmed or scared or like I'm about to have an attack I just tap on the bracelet 5 times, we have codes."

Feeling more comfortable around them I stand, I can't get too attached, "well I've got to go. Fugitive in a bit, you coming?" They both shake their heads, pointing at the food around them, I fully stand and leave the store. Completely forgetting what I came for.

••••••
Hey so this is kinda a pointless, filler chapter. It's the chapter where Campbell makes Sam rip the contract, it also explains more about the panic disorder that Angelica has, and a bit about her separation anxiety