𝟎𝟎 | 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭.

You were practically drowning in the sheets of steady rain that poured down on your head

You were practically drowning in the sheets of steady rain that poured down on your head. Your little legs burned from the quick sprint you were using to get across the slippery, muddy terrain beneath your leather knee-high boots. It took everything in you to keep up with the leading group of a large crowd of kids; the heavy weight of a full backpack and the slender rifle in your hands didn't help much either.

In through the nose, out through the mouth.

"Faster! Run, you filthy seeds of swine!"

An older man sat on a brown steed, his brown eyes watching over all of you with the upmost attention. Commander Magath; a man with tanned skin, thin facial hair, and sporting a black buzz cut. He was searching for any signs of failure that he could beat out of you all later. His steed sat just beside the muddy dirt path you all ran on, trailing through a thick forest filled with tall pine trees that gave off an earthy smell because of the heavy rain.

Magath's shouts boomed through your ears harshly. It annoyed you like a persistent fly that wouldn't go away no matter how many times you swatted at it, nonetheless, you ran even faster. You weren't in a position to slack today; you've already been falling behind the last few times you trained.

"Don't you want to become honorary Marleyans?!"

More than anything.

But as much as you pushed, your efforts still failed you. You watched as a boy ran apart from the rest, gaining speed further ahead. He quickly sped between the two soldiers who stood apart in the near distance; the finish line. He won this round.

"Marcel Galliard! You pass!" Magath boomed out.

The blonde haired boy who ran beside you slipped, falling on all fours into the icky mud with a loud plop. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see his rifle slide across the ground towards your still-running feet. To help or not to help. Stick with a friend or keep running.

You chose the latter.

━━━━━━

The rain had finally cleared up by the time you all were done training, now being replaced with a bright sun looming overhead tall grey brick walls adorning sharp barbwire. Those walls are what separated you from the rest of Liberio, essentially a cage to keep all of the 'filthy' Eldians in their place.