𝟏𝟑 | 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐯𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐫.

The pop of a shotgun, the sun rising over a wall of barbed wire, arctic blue eyes of your very first friend, the slam of your father's hands meeting the table, your mother's sickeningly sweet voice, your Titan stomping through fiery battle fields,...

The pop of a shotgun, the sun rising over a wall of barbed wire, arctic blue eyes of your very first friend, the slam of your father's hands meeting the table, your mother's sickeningly sweet voice, your Titan stomping through fiery battle fields, the laugh of the boy who's name rhymes with pork, your last hug from Marcel, the bloody aftermath of Shiganshina, and light cerulean blue hues of the boy who reminded you of the sea.

Moments of the little life you lived passed you by in flashes.

Your lazy eyes fluttered open to the night sky above, loitered with shining orbs that twinkled back at you. It looked like someone took every star they could find in the universe and sprinkled them all in one place. Iridescent trails of light streaked through the atmosphere, glowing from one color to the next.

Your hands brushed past grains of fine sand as you sat up. You were utterly surrounded by it. It covered every acre of land, seemingly stretching on for miles and miles.

As soon as your curious eyes landed on the glowing pillar of light ahead of you, an overwhelming sense of peace washed over you, easing the anxiety that threatened to take over your senses. The light almost resembled a big glowing tree, rooted to the sand but still connected to the sky by it's many branches of light. Each one trailed off in a different direction, besides one. One branch of light only went up.

And while you had no idea where you were, you were almost completely confident that you were safe there. Unlike other places...

You gasped as you suddenly remembered the events beforehand. You were stabbed. You were dying .. or should you say dead. Your fingers subconsciously flew to your chest, where your wounds should've been, only to be met with smooth bare skin. Not even a scratch. It's like nothing ever even happened.

Only then did you notice the lone bucket of sand at your side, the owner nowhere in sight.

You gave in to the urge of touching it, letting your fingers comb through the powdery fine grains to scoop it in your hand. You watched it all slide out of your palm, crossing between your fingers, to rejoin the rest in the bucket, similar to an hour glass warning you of the time you have left. You couldn't help the giddy laugh that escaped your smiling lips.