𝟑𝟕 | 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞.

Your steed trotted through tall, wild blades of grass; left to flourish after years of no humans or Titans alike walking among it

Your steed trotted through tall, wild blades of grass; left to flourish after years of no humans or Titans alike walking among it. You passed devastated homes, most with broken roofs and crumbling brick foundations. You could still see random objects loitering the ground; watering cans, ragged clothing, old toys, dusty books, singular shoes missing their second half. Things people were forced to depart from amidst their transformations.

You had finally arrived to Connie's hometown: Ragako.

Even at full speed, it had taken the horses all morning to get you there. It had been an uneventful trip, filled with irrelevant small talk and awkward pauses. Especially between you and Armin.

Sure, he spoke and said good morning and all the usual overly-kind remarks. But there was an odd energy sitting between you. And it wasn't hard to figure out why.

There was something about doing things in the night that made it so much more intolerable in the day after. For example, last night you were more than eager to sit in Armin's lap, press your lips to his and let his tongue move on yours like sweet honey. But reminiscing about in the day made you shudder in embarrassment. You couldn't help but think that maybe you overdid it— by leaps and bounds.

You stole a curious glance at the blonde in question, for the nth time today, to see him deep in thought himself. His brows were stuck in a crease, bottom lip curled between his teeth as he stared off at a random spot in the distance.

It felt like you were both confused. You had stepped past that line — more like jumped, sprinted, and flew — and now you weren't sure what would come next. This was untouched territory. What do you do after grounding down into someone's lap, pressing kisses to their hot skin, and practically helping them unbuckle their pants?

You were sure there was an actual answer, but in this case, neither you or Armin knew what the hell was going on. And it's not like you exactly had the freedom to ponder over it either. You were literally on the way to rescue your late bestfriend's brother from someone trying to feed him to a Titan, while simultaneously being in the middle of an apocalypse led by Eren Jaeger. And that was just the tip of the iceberg.