𝟐𝟕 | 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐫.

The day should've been a gloomy one, filled with the dread of experiencing yet another war Marley put themselves in, but the internment zone was the complete opposite

The day should've been a gloomy one, filled with the dread of experiencing yet another war Marley put themselves in, but the internment zone was the complete opposite. It was a celebration. A community-wide party for all to join.

As soon as you stepped out of your home, you were bombarded with the sound of live music, and the smell of so many delicious cuisines floating through the air to your nose. The once dull buildings were brought to life with streamers and balloons. Colorful stalls serving anything you could think of lined the streets, surrounded by eager customers. Excitement was buzzing through the air.

When you finally found your group of friends, you were starry eyed and in a permanent state of surprise. You looked like a little kid gawking at everything you walked past. Besides the tall clowns that waltzed past you on stilts. That was an absolute hell no from you.

Your friends quickly waved you over, each holding their own treat. Your matching beige military uniforms all stuck out like sore thumbs in the rainbow of colors around you, but it's not like you had any choice in what to wear.

"This doesn't even feel like the zone!" You exclaimed, "How did they get all of this stuff in here this fast? It was practically no man's land last night."

"They've been moving stuff in all morning." Pieck answered before putting another spoonful of colorful slush in her mouth.

"What's that?" You asked curiously, eyeing the paper cone she held. It was filled with what looked like chips of ice drenched in colorful liquid.

"They're calling it a snow cone." She smiled before laying her tongue out of her mouth, revealing to you all the array of colors she collected. "This is my third one. Want some?"

You quickly nodded your head before she scooped up another spoonful and held the portion out to you. Porco grimaced when you didn't hesitate to let her spoon feed you the treat. Reiner, on the other hand, seemed to be amused at the visual. Porco scowled at you before suddenly walking off, not wanting to hear anything from either of you.

"Jealousy is his middle name." Pieck giggled, nudging you with her elbow teasingly.

You rolled your eyes, "Tell me about it."