𝟏𝟓 | 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐧.

The Scouts are here

The Scouts are here.

"They're already here?" Bertholdt gasped as he paced along the branch, clutching his head in worry.

"Dammit." Reiner grumbled with a frown. He seemed clueless on what to do. "I didn't think they'd be able to act so fast. Commander Erwin must be with them."

You and Bertholdt jumped down from your branch to Reiner's before Bertholdt was shaking Reiner by the shoulders. "Reiner! What are you right now?"

"A Warrior. Now calm down." Reiner shook the worried boy off of him.

"Reiner, were you serious about teaming up with Ymir?" You took a glance down at the nonchalant girl, "Are you really going to trust one of the most selfish people in the Scouts? She wouldn't hesitate to throw us under the bus for her own ass."

"And she's the one who ate Marcel!" Bertholdt exclaimed hushedly, "That should be more than enough reason to not trust her! She could easily take us out with the power of the Jaw Titan; she's way faster than us."

"That's exactly why her motives are clear." Reiner replied, "When she became human again, she most likely wandered around aimlessly, only giving a damn about herself. But then Christa came into the picture. Ymir found someone she values more than her own life. As long as Christa is involved, Ymir is wrapped around our finger. Plus, we need Christa anyways, and not just because she's cute."

You remembered Annie telling you all about the two men she followed around the Cadet Corps training grounds one day. They were from the church of the walls, or what some people would call the wall cult. They're the only ones who knows the truth about what's inside the walls, and they were there to watch over Christa and her progress. It was a big hint to who Christa really is.

"Christa's an important member from a family within the church. So in other words, if Eren doesn't have the coordinate we're looking for, we'll have Christa." Reiner explained, "It'll make our search ten times easier."

"And us having Ymir would make Christa want to join." You quickly realized, earning a nod from Reiner to confirm your theory. "I'm surprised. You actually have a thought out plan for once."