𝟎𝟐 | 𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐬.

━━━━ 𝟖𝟒𝟕

━━━━ 𝟖𝟒𝟕

"What do you call yourself, maggot?!"

"Reiner Braun, sir!"

"And what the hell are you here for?!"

"To save humanity!"

In the heat of the sun, you stood in an open dusty field; your new training grounds. At the edges of this field were wooden barracks that you'd all be calling home for the next three years. You were lined up in a row among many others as you all faced the screaming man who walked before you, daring anyone to step an inch out of place.

Thanks to Reiner, you all were officially in the Cadet Corps; a regiment in the military behind the walls that trains cadets to become members of one of the top three military regiments.

In your opinion, the Cadet Corps was just another version of the Warrior Unit, except you had a new home, commandant, & uniform to go along with it. Plus you all weren't competing over who'd get to be a Titan shifter.

You sported a white button-down shirt, tucked into fitted beige pants, and the signature brown cropped jacket that adorned the Cadet Corps emblem: a shield with two swords. Knee-high brown leather boots completed your uniforms along with the belted straps that wrapped around your thighs, waist, and over your shoulders like suspenders; a harness in simpler words. It was a big difference from the simple beige pants and jacket you'd wear back in Marley.

Commandant Sadies was an older man with tanned skin and prominent wrinkles on his forehead. Besides the thin facial hair on the man's chin, his face (including his head) was completely naked. Sadies' sunken-in brownish-green eyes struck fear in whoever they landed on as he roamed the rows with his arms behind his back, stopping at every other person for a loud introduction.

He skipped you and Annie who stood beside each other before heading for a shorter boy near the end of your row. With big bright hazel eyes and grey hair shaved low into a buzz cut, the boy looked up to Commandant Sadies in trembling fear.