𝟐𝟑 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝.

A cry, loud and unsettling, pierced every ear drum around Wall Maria

A cry, loud and unsettling, pierced every ear drum around Wall Maria. A cry so full of anguish and dread that it could make the hairs on your arm stand up, and force you to listen to it's siren call.

It was so powerful that even the Titans lined up beside the Beast Titan were triggered. They were in sync as they stomped towards the wall, a white glow to their distant eyes that shown they were under another command from Zeke's.

The Beast Titan never moved any faster. There was only one person who could undermine his power, take over the command of his Titans and use them to their own advantage. And that was you.

You could say it runs in the family.

By the time your cries came to an abrupt end, the Beast Titan was launching a barrel straight for Wall Maria like a star baseball pitcher.

"Damn." Commander Erwin muttered to himself from the top of the wall. He watched the barrel of doom soar over his head and fly right into the heart of Shiganshina. "They got us."

As the barrel flew closer to the ground, Bertholdt's wide eyes scoured every building that came across his line of sight. Every dirt road. Every crumbling home. Until finally he saw who he was looking for.

Bertholdt was overwhelmed with panic as he broke out of the barrel he was contained in, yelling out both you and Reiner's names in a desperate attempt to get an answer back. He moved with all the urgency in the world as he shot a grappling hook out to a nearby building, swinging himself over to the Armored Titan first.

"Reiner?! What the hell happened?!"

Bertholdt was anything but calm as he looked over the slain body of his best friend. He was in shock, eyes widened to the max and his breath nearly gone as he scrambled to pat Reiner down on his chest. He was searching just as you did, looking for something to tell him that Reiner was still on earth with the rest of you.

When he felt the dull pumping of Reiner's heartbeat beneath his palm, he calmed down a little.

"This was a super risky move." Bertholdt muttered, talking mostly to himself rather than Reiner, "I can't believe they pushed you to this."