𝟒𝟒 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬.

The aircraft was hushed to a thick silence, besides the occasional rusty creak from the flying boat being guided through the air

The aircraft was hushed to a thick silence, besides the occasional rusty creak from the flying boat being guided through the air. Nobody dared to utter a word since you left Odiha, and that was a good two hours ago.

But you didn't complain. You had been so engrossed in your own stressed thoughts, that the silence was a non-factor. You didn't even realize that Armin got up from his seat beside yours until you heard him speak.

"Is that all the fuel we have left?" Armin asked with nothing but worry laced through his tone. You looked over to see him standing in the cockpit with Onyankopon, peering over the man's shoulder to look at the dashboard.

"We were only able to fuel it halfway before the Rumbling reached us." Onyankopon replied, keeping his eyes focused on the skies through the wide windshield.

"Will that be enough to get us to Fort Salta?" Armin asked hopefully.

"I promise you, I'll get us there." Onyankopon affirmed with a nod of his head. "This flying boat that Hange left to us, is our last hope. I'm getting us to that base no matter what happens. All I need is for you to stop the Rumbling, no matter what it takes."

Armin gave Onyakopon a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder, "I will.. We're all counting on you, Onyankopon." Armin said before he came back to the rest of you.

"Alright, listen up. Let's go over the plan." Armin announced. Determination was written all over his face as he crouched in the aisle between everyone's seats and pulled a pencil from his pocket, because of course Armin would be carrying a single pencil in his pocket.

Everyone leaned forward in their seats, or in Reiner's case, walked closer to watch Armin drag the lead of the pencil across the metal floorboards. He was sketching a drawing of what you could only assume was supposed to be Eren's Founding Titan. It was an unfinished circle with lots of lines stemming from it to resemble the bridge of bones on Eren's back and the many, many bones the Titan used to walk.