11

~
Nikiya
~

"Stop it, you idiot," I grumbled at the girl beside me, lightly shoving her arm away.

Kirsten laughed softly, "I'm just teasing you."

So I invited Kirsten over; an old friend of mine that I've only bumped into a couple times this school year. Little refresher in case you forgot, I had a 'friends with benefits' type of thing going with her before I ever met Billie.

We were currently in my room watching a movie together and she was being aggy but in a cute way.

"You're being annoying," I said playfully. She just stared at me as I watched the screen in front of me.

"I missed you," she mumbled.

It seemed like she was saying it more to herself than to me.

I met her eyes with my own, a faint smile on my face. I took in all her features as I stared back at her. She was extremely pretty; dark hair, brown eyes, a nose piercing, kinda goth...

"I missed you too." I told her, and I genuinely meant it, gotta admit.

She raised a brow, "really?" she asked as if she didn't believe me for a second, and I nodded. "Well, you know I've tried to hang out with you a couple times but you'd always ghost me," she said pretentiously, making me roll my eyes.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry."

It was silent among us for a few seconds as we both looked back towards the movie.

"Do you have a thing? With that new girl?" she asked randomly.

I scoffed, "please, she's not new anymore... and I guess I did, but not really anymore," I confessed.

Admitting it made my heart hurt just a little bit, but it's fine.

"Well? You gonna tell me what happened?" She asked curiously.

I rolled my eyes, "no, we're literally missing so much of the movie."

"Fuck the movie. I want you to talk to me," she said, her voice getting softer.

I sighed, closing my laptop and setting it aside.

"I don't wanna talk about her."

"Then why'd you take the movie off?"

I wrapped my arms around Kirsten, ignoring her question as I buried my head in the crook of her neck. She gently played with my curls, patiently waiting for me to answer.

When she realized I wasn't going to, she spoke, "is there anything I can do to make you feel better?"

I lifted my head up, looking into her eyes before glancing down to her lips.

"No."

She tilted her head, furrowing her eyebrows. "I'm almost a hundred percent sure you were just looking at my lips."