8

~
Billie
~

I thought to myself for a second before tightening my grip around her waist and resting my chin on her shoulder.

"I figured you might ask me eventually, don't sweat it, baby." I took a deep breath before I began. "So, I fought a lot," I sighed. "Like, physically... It's honestly not even a big deal... but one day, my sophomore year, it got out of hand, and I, like, sent a dude to the hospital. Sometimes I used to just... fight for the hell of it I guess, but this time, it was what this dude did that sent me off the edge."

"What'd he do, Bil?" She asked quietly.

"I used to be in love... with a girl of course," I laughed softly, "but uh, her nudes pretty much got leaked by this guy who hacked her phone, and I couldn't fucking stand seeing this girl so broken... 'cuz I loved her at the time. She didn't want to do anything about it, so I took matters into my own hands, you know?"

"And you beat that bitch up."

"Exactly."

"As you should." She said, causing me to laugh softly.

"Anyways, that's the gist of it. The school was 'sick of my bullshit', so they finally just expelled me, and I basically dropped outta school for two years."

She hummed, "What about the girl?"

Now that was the question I was afraid of.

"She cheated on me." I said shyly. "After that I just stopped trying to love people all together. I turned into a player."

"I'm sorry, Bil." She sighed as she played with the rings that covered my fingers. I kissed her cheek.

"Nah, don't be sorry, mama. I just don't want to hurt you. You mean so much to me and I haven't even known you for that long. I don't let myself get attached...  so it scares me how attached I am to you already."

She turned her head to look at me, a light smile tugging at her lips. "I'm really attached to you too."

I smiled back at her, "Guess we're in this together."

ping!

Message from 'momma ❤️'

Hi Billie, your dad and I come home next weekend and we're going to be having a return party, so you better start cleaning the house now. Can't wait to see you, we love you!

I sighed as I typed out a reply.

okay, love you guys

"Everything okay?" Nikiya asked, shifting around in my arms.

"Yeah, yeah," I said putting my phone down, "Just my parents texted me; they come home next week."

"Oh, how're you feeling about that?"

"A little stressed." I answered honestly.

"It's okay, I'll be here for you the whole time, okay? And don't forget you're welcome to just chill at my house if you ever need a break from them."

"Thank you." I smiled, pressing a timid kiss to her temple.

I looked down at the ground as she studied my face.

~
Nikiya
~

I could tell Billie was stressing about her parents, and I just wanted to help her.

"How bout we go lay in bed, it might be cozier." I suggested patting her cheek.

She complied.

We were laying in the familiar red room with our favorite show, The Office, playing on her computer when her phone began to ring. I assumed it was her parents but when she read her screen, her eyes almost popped out of her head. I decided to keep quiet and mind my business while she took the call.

"I'll be right back." She murmured, leaving the bedroom.

A long hour later, just as I was just drifting to sleep, Billie returned. Her face was puffy and splotchy, and her eyes were red.

She had been crying.

She kept her gaze down, pulling the hood of her sweatshirt over her head as she got into bed next to me.

I stared at her, not exactly knowing what to do.

"Quit staring, dummy." She jokingly rasped through her post-crying voice.

I quickly looked back towards the laptop that was propped on me, then I paused the show, looking back at her again.

"Who was that?" I asked quietly.

"Nobody." She responded quickly. Her voice was almost silent.

She surely would have told me if it were her mom or dad, so they were off the table. I decided to not press it any further, and hit play on the computer. The dialogue of the silly show filled the silence in the room.

I felt Billie move closer to me as she wrapped her arms around my waist and buried her head in my neck. I felt her eyelashes brush against my skin as her eyes fluttered shut, and her lips just barely rested on my neck.

Three hours later, at around 8 PM, Billie began to stir. She opened her eyes, realizing she was pretty much clinging to me like a monkey. She sat up abruptly, mumbling a quick "sorry", and then went to the bathroom.

When she came back, she looked a little more put-together. I began to gather my things so I could leave, assuming that Billie wanted some privacy, but she quickly protested.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Home." I responded in an obvious manner.

She was quiet for a moment before responding. "Stay."

I looked up at her, dumbfounded.

"Please." Her voice cracked.

"O-Okay, yeah, I'll stay Bil."

"Only if you want-"

"Billie..." I interrupted, "It's all good. I promise."

~
a/n
this is unchecked.
updating for i_wanna_be_alone
don't forget to sign as many petitions as you can for blm. do your part please.