Three: It's all my fault

"I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!" Marinette shouted frantically as she flung the covers off of her after checking her alarm clock.

Tikki watched her holder in amusement, she was used to it at this point.

Marinette ran into the bathroom to shower and change before running back out and pulling on her sweater, shoes, and backpack.

Tikki flew into her purse and Marinette bounded down the stairs, grabbed an apple from the kitchen, and waved goodbye to both her parents who shook their heads in amusement.

She checked the time on her phone, crap, she was already 20 minutes late. That made her sprint faster and in the span of five minutes she ran into Ms. Bustier's classroom as all heads turned to her.

"Please take a seat Marinette," Ms. Bustier said, already used to her lateness.

She smiled sheepishly and met the eyes of her classmates and they landed on Adrien.

He looked beautiful as usual, with his blonde hair combed back shining from the light, and his green mesmerizing eyes captivating her. He gave her a small smile which she returned making her way to her seat.

"Girl you look super tired, did you get any sleep?" Alya asked beside her.

Ms. Bustier gave everyone a worksheet to work on amongst themselves so she wouldn't get in trouble for talking.

"I was up late last night," Marinette said yawning, a hand going up to her mouth.

"Up doing what?" Nino asked turning towards her, Adrien turned around as well.

"Chemistry homework," she said, stifling a yawn.

"Did you get it done? We have a quiz on that today," Alya asked.

"Y-Yeah I did, with some help from a friend," she said absentmindedly.

"Who was it?" Adrien asked raising an eyebrow.

She met his eyes and instantly melted, "A cat," she said.

Adrien let out a small cough while Nino and Alya looked at her questionably.

"A cat?" Alysa asked raising an eyebrow.

"Dude, I think you need more sleep," Nino said worriedly.

"I'm kidding," she said looking at Adrien. She didn't notice the panic in his eyes lingering there.

"Just a cousin of mine," she said, laughing it off.

They nodded their heads but she could tell Alya didn't buy it.

"Anyways dudes, we're playing video games at my place tonight, you and Adrien wanna come?" Nino asked.

"I-I think I'm free tonight," Marinette said thinking.

"I have to ask my father," Adrien said sighing.

Marinette couldn't help but feel bad for him, he couldn't go anywhere without his bodyguard and his father's permission. He felt trapped in his own home, his room and alter ego being his only sense of freedom.

"I hope he'll say yes," Marinette said confidently, sending him a warm smile.

"Thanks Marinette, I hope so too," he said returning it and looking down.

The rest of the class went on as usual, with Nino and Alya's flirty comments to one another, it  felt like third wheeling so she zoned out and sketched in her book.

She felt eyes on her and hesitantly looked up to see Adrien staring at her sketchbook, she quickly closed it shut, turning slightly pink.

"Oh sorry," he said rubbing a hand behind his neck, "those looked really cool!"