Thirty: Sleepover

Adrien woke up happier the following morning. Visiting Marinette always helped him feel better and he'd almost completely forgotten about his fathers lectures the day before.

Almost.

Thankfully Nathalie hadn't checked up on him the night before so when he turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around his body preparing to change, he heard a faint knock on his bedroom door.

"I'm in the shower," Adrien called out as he quickly slid on his signature jeans.

"After you're done, please head straight downstairs Adrien, your father's waiting for you at the breakfast table," Nathalie said, before he heard the sound of her heels clicking away.

This caused a surprised expression to appear on Adrien's face. It had been weeks, maybe months, since his father had eaten breakfast, actually, any meal with him.

A knot formed in his stomach at the thought of eating breakfast with his dad. He would usually be ecstatic, but with everything that had been going on with him, he was incredibly anxious.

As he slipped on his white overcoat and began to comb through his messy blond hair, Plagg flew in front of his face.

"Wow, your dad's spending time with you," Plagg said.

"Please don't eat that so early in the morning," Adrien scrunched his nose at the piece of Camembert in his kwami's small paws.

"Hey you need breakfast and so do I," Plagg shrugged, consuming the piece of cheese.

Adrien rolled his eyes.

"Hey, you feeling okay? You barely get to spend time with your dad and you don't look so good," Plagg said, a hint of worry in the kwami's voice

Adrien sighed, "I'm just nervous that's all, mostly prepared for what he's gonna criticize me about now."

"It might not be too bad, who knows, maybe he'll show his soft side," Plagg shrugged.

Adrien snorted, "Yeah, in the span of 15 minutes, we'll have some great father and son time."

Plagg snickered, "At least it's short right?"

"Yeah," Adrien said, setting his comb and hair gel aside, "I just hope it'll go well."

Plagg gave him a small nuzzle on the cheek, shocking Adrien, before flying into his shirt.

Adrien smiled down at his kwami briefly before washing his hands in some lavender scented soap. He opened the bathroom door and walked out of his room with his backpack slung over his shoulder. 

At least I'll be at Marinette's tonight, he thought happily, hiding the smile on his face.

He walked down the long steps of his house quietly and walked towards the breakfast table and sat down, placing a napkin onto his lap.

His father appeared shortly after, his hands behind his back as usual as he took a seat opposite of his son.

"Good morning Adrien," Gabriel said, placing a napkin onto his lap.

"Good morning father," Adrien said nervously, picking at his food with his fork.

They sat quietly for the next few minutes eating their food.

"How are your Chinese lessons going son?" Gabriel asked as Adrien quickly looked up.

"They're going well father," Adrien replied.

"And your fencing lessons?" Gabriel asked.

"They're going well father," Adrien replied.

"Piano practice?" Gabriel asked.