Twenty Two: Only for you

Ladybug's bluebell eyes scanned the area as she watched a newly akumatized villain causing havoc in the city. It was currently 6:30 am, a time where Marinette would've enjoyed being asleep before she had to get up for school, but unfortunately, Hawkmoth had other plans. 

"Morning bugaboo," Chat said, landing next to her with a yawn, she gave him a tired smile as she waved at him.

"At least you didn't say 'good,' because between you and me, this morning is anything but," Ladybug muttered, causing her feline partner to chuckle.

"You're right about that one, I was having the most amazing dream really, until a high-pitched shriek caused me to bolt upright in bed," Chat said, with a slight shudder.

Ladybug giggled, despite it being this early in the morning, Chat was still pretty hilarious.

"Any news on this newly akumatized villain Ladybug?" Chat questioned, tilting his head at her.

"Well from what I've managed to see so far is that she's upset over the prized flowers in her garden being ruined by someone," Ladybug replied.

"That doesn't sound very rosy," Chat said as Ladybug face palmed herself, "Let's get this over with so we can get back to sleep," he stretched.

"You don't have to tell me twice kitty," Ladybug said, latching her yo-yo onto a building structure and swinging towards the akuma as Chat followed behind her.

~

"Miraculous Ladybug," Ladybug said, throwing the flower pot into the air, her voice lacking enthusiasm.

"Pound it," the two heroes said in unison before they yawned.

"Well Ma'am, if you're absolutely sure you're okay, my partner and I will take our leave," Chat said, with a charming smile, nearly causing Ladybug to melt.

Get a grip Mari, it's like 7 in the morning! She internally scolded herself.

"Thank you both, I think I'll be fine now," the Lady said as she squeezed one of Chat's cheeks, Ladybug nearly bursting into laughter.

Chat let out a nervous laugh, "Well alright, we're super busy though so we unfurrrtunately have to leave," he said grabbing Ladybug's hand.

She blushed at the contact but quickly shook her head, latching her yo-yo onto a building structure, she waved to the elderly lady before swinging them both up and away.

Once they were far enough from ear shot, Ladybug looked at Chat with an amused smile, "I'm not sure how I controlled my laughter while she pinched your cheeks," Ladybug said, putting her hands on her knees.

"Hey! It wasn't funny, actually, it was pretty painful," Chat whined, rubbing his left cheek.

"Well that was one good thing that came out of this morning, anyways, I'll see you later kitty, I've got things to do," she said, sighing as she looked at the rising sun.

"Me too Ladybug, until next time," Chat said with a smile before leaping away.

Ladybug watched his retreating figure with a soft smile before shaking her head, she latched her yo-yo onto a building structure and made her way back home.

~

Marinette walked into her first period class tired that morning, much like everyone else who was woken up by the early akuma, that is, except Nino, who looked chirpy.