Twenty-Six: Missing you

The next day of school flew by awfully quick, not that she was complaining, and before Marinette knew it, she was at home, sitting on her desk chair, a loud groan escaping her pink lips as she stared at her chemistry homework.

"Why? Why must Ms. Mendeleiev do this to me Tikki?" The dark-haired girl whined as she slammed her head onto her desk.

It was around 6 pm currently, nearing dinner time for her and Marinette had decided to start working on her homework because she had been caught up in her fashion pieces earlier. With December rolling around soon, Marinette wanted to make sweaters for her friends with different colors and themes, she thought it would be a cute Christmas present and they could all wear them together.

Tikki giggled as she flew over and sat on her holder's shoulder, "That's just what teachers do Marinette," Tikki replied.

"I know but..." The girl whined once again, "It's just so....so....much," she complained, clenching her fist.

"Maybe you should start after dinner with a clear head," Tikki suggested.

"But then Chat will probably be here," Marinette said, a blush growing onto her pale cheeks, "I don't want to be doing my homework while he took time out of his day to visit."

Tikki giggled and nuzzled her holder's cheek, "I'm sure he wouldn't mind, he's your boyfriend, I think he'd like spending time with you either way," Tikki said.

Marinette blushed deeper at that, yup, he was her boyfriend now, and speaking of said boyfriend, she hadn't seen him since their date the other night. She wasn't exactly complaining, he had a life too, he couldn't visit her all the time, but it didn't mean she didn't want to see her kitty.

"Kitty," Marinette said, staring at her computer screen with a dreamy sigh.

"I know he's your kitty but get a grip girl," Tikki teased as Marinette flailed her arms nervously.

"I do have a grip Tikki!" Marinette said, crossing her arms, but the blush on her face failed her as Tikki gave her a questioning look.

"Uh huh, that's exactly what you said about Adrien, but let's hope your words meet your beliefs," Tikki said giggling.

"You're mean, no more cookies for you," Marinette said, playfully glaring at her friend.

Tikki gasped, "How could you?! After everything I've done!" Tikki said, dramatically.

"I guess I pulled the drama queen out of the bag," Marinette said with a smug smile, it was Tikki's turn to glare.

"Marinette! It's time for dinner!" Sabine called from downstairs.

"Coming maman!" Marinette called back and quickly got up, dusting herself off. She opened her trapdoor but before retreating down the stairs she looked up at her kwami, "I'll get you your cookies you little drama queen don't worry," and she shut the door as Tikki squealed excitedly.

Marinette walked down the stairs quickly, nearly tripping in the process but catching herself. She washed her hands and sat down with her parents who had already started to eat.

"How was your day?" Marinette asked them with a smile as she grabbed her fork.

"It was lovely honey, how about yours?" Sabine asked.

"Oh you know the usual, school, work, school," Marinette groaned as her parents chuckled.

"You'll get through it, only a few more weeks, then you'll have the winter break," Tom said.

Marinette smiled and nodded as she continued to eat, she conversed with her parents here and there. She really wished she could tell them about Chat and how happy he makes her but she knew it would be too dangerous.