Five: I promise

Marinette woke up the next morning feeling much better with her injury healing and the pain being bearable. She got up from her bed, stretched, and did her usual morning routine before heading off for school. She held a box of macaroons in her hand for her chemistry teacher Ms. Mendeleiev's birthday, with the outline of beaker designs and other chemistry tools drawn on them neatly. Even though she wasn't the brightest teacher, Marinette thought she still deserved a present.

She walked in to class with a smile on her face and walked over to Ms. Mendeleiev's desk and handed her the box and wished her a happy birthday. There were other presents across her desk along with a few birthday cards that were chemistry themed. Ms. Mendeleiev looked surprised by the gesture but thanked Marinette regardless as she made her way back to her seat. 

"Hey girl, you feeling better?" Alya asked as Marinette sat in her seat next to her.

"Much," Marinette said with a sigh, "I can actually walk now," she laughed lightly.

She turned her head around and met Adrien's eyes who gave her a warm smile causing her to blush, "Hey Marinette, I'm glad you're feeling better," he said.

"T-thanks Adrien, m-me too," she said nervously. His eyes drifted to the chain around her neck and he lifted his eyebrows up in curiosity.

"Cool necklace, did you make it?" He asked leaning his head forward.

"Yeah that looks awesome girl," Alya gushed.

"Super cool dude," Nino said staring at it.

"Oh I-thanks," she said. "I had a friend who inspired the design for it, you could say," she twirled the pendant with her fingers.

More like bought it, She thought to herself, she hated lying.

"There's even a paw print on it," Alya gushed. "Wait a minute-" Alya reached out to grab it but Marinette stopped her and moved back a bit.

"Careful, it's pretty fragile, I don't want to break it," she said, holding it protectively.

"Could it be inspired by Cat Noir?" Alya asked with a suspicious smile.

"What! No-I-I just thought of it the other day," she said with a nervous smile.

"You did say it was inspired by a friend," Nino said with a sly smile looking at Alya, the pair shared a look.

Marinette let out a sigh, "Yeah a friend doesn't mean Cat Noir," she said opening her sketchbook and grabbing a pen from her pencil case.

"Sure girl, whatever floats your boat," Alya said teasingly.

"I don't know what your strange obsession with Cat Noir is Alya, I wouldn't be surprised if you're in love with him," Marinette said absentmindedly, then realized what she said and her cheeks turned pink.

Adrien let out a cough and Marinette looked at him worriedly, "A-Are you alright Adrien?" She asked.

"Yeah just went down the wrong pipe," he said with a scrunched face and gave her a thumbs up.

She let out a small laugh before Nino spoke, "Uh Marinette, not to burst your bubble or anything dude, but I think I'd know if my girl was in love with a superhero," he said placing a hand on Alya's hand.

"That's right my sweet boy, and Mari it's you I'm concerned about," Alya said adjusting her glasses.

"M-Me?" She asked gulping.

"Yes you," she said and leaned in whispering into her ear, "I think I know the real person here that's in love with a certain someone," she pulled away and Alya smirked at her.